583 posts
  • Portugal
  • Wordsmith
  • Super Copyright Ninja
  • Author Level 4
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment
says

Can I do that? Display Creattica items on my live preview? That would awesome :)

2627 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Featured Author
+11 more
ThemeProvince
says

Sure dude loads of authors do it.

DiogoRedinDevelopment
DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
583 posts
  • Portugal
  • Wordsmith
  • Super Copyright Ninja
  • Author Level 4
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment
says

415 posts
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 9
  • Collector Level 2
  • Top Monthly Author
+7 more
unisphere
says

Keep in mind that you may need permission from the author whose art you are showcasing, even if it’s shown on Creattica. Correct me if I’m wrong.

153 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 1
+3 more
Genem
says

Keep in mind that you may need permission from the author whose art you are showcasing, even if it’s shown on Creattica. Correct me if I’m wrong.

You don’t have to have permission, just be sure to credit them somewhere, and don’t include their images in your download.

3535 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Author Level 12
  • Trendsetter
  • United States
+13 more
sevenspark
says

You don’t have to have permission, just be sure to credit them somewhere, and don’t include their images in your download.

I’m not sure that’s correct. Creattica images are copyrighted just like any other. Unless there is an explicit license allowing this use – if so, could you please provide a link to the license, Genem?

I think it’s always safer to ask for permission if the terms don’t explicitly state that the images are free to use in your demos.

1482 posts
  • Envato Team
  • Author Level 6
  • Meetup Participant
  • Affiliate Level 5
+14 more
kailoon
Envato team
says

I’m not sure that’s correct. Creattica images are copyrighted just like any other. Unless there is an explicit license allowing this use – if so, could you please provide a link to the license, Genem?

I think it’s always safer to ask for permission if the terms don’t explicitly state that the images are free to use in your demos.
+1
DiogoRedinDevelopment
DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
583 posts
  • Portugal
  • Wordsmith
  • Super Copyright Ninja
  • Author Level 4
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment
says

I will contact the authors asking for permission. Thanks for the help.

470 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+8 more
SaurabhSharma
says

Yes. A permission is definitely required. For an instance, the “Advertisements” category on Creattica showcases ads of real-time Companies. These Companies may not wish to show their graphic art elsewhere.

Once I asked an author for displaying such advertisement. He replied me that the Company norms does not allow him to distribute the ad.

153 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 1
+3 more
Genem
says

I remember seeing a forum post (I think), stating that since creattica.com is one of envato’s sites, we could use their images in demos, and demos only. Images can’t be included in download.

If I’m wrong, then, well, this is what the discussion is for. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by