DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
571 posts
  • Located in Portugal
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment says

Can I do that? Display Creattica items on my live preview? That would awesome :)

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Sure dude loads of authors do it.

DiogoRedinDevelopment
571 posts
  • Located in Portugal
+4 more

415 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
unisphere says

Keep in mind that you may need permission from the author whose art you are showcasing, even if it’s shown on Creattica. Correct me if I’m wrong.

153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Genem says

Keep in mind that you may need permission from the author whose art you are showcasing, even if it’s shown on Creattica. Correct me if I’m wrong.

You don’t have to have permission, just be sure to credit them somewhere, and don’t include their images in your download.

3468 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

You don’t have to have permission, just be sure to credit them somewhere, and don’t include their images in your download.

I’m not sure that’s correct. Creattica images are copyrighted just like any other. Unless there is an explicit license allowing this use – if so, could you please provide a link to the license, Genem?

I think it’s always safer to ask for permission if the terms don’t explicitly state that the images are free to use in your demos.

1437 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

I’m not sure that’s correct. Creattica images are copyrighted just like any other. Unless there is an explicit license allowing this use – if so, could you please provide a link to the license, Genem?

I think it’s always safer to ask for permission if the terms don’t explicitly state that the images are free to use in your demos.
+1
DiogoRedinDevelopment
571 posts
  • Located in Portugal
+4 more

I will contact the authors asking for permission. Thanks for the help.

469 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+6 more
SaurabhSharma says

Yes. A permission is definitely required. For an instance, the “Advertisements” category on Creattica showcases ads of real-time Companies. These Companies may not wish to show their graphic art elsewhere.

Once I asked an author for displaying such advertisement. He replied me that the Company norms does not allow him to distribute the ad.

153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Genem says

I remember seeing a forum post (I think), stating that since creattica.com is one of envato’s sites, we could use their images in demos, and demos only. Images can’t be included in download.

If I’m wrong, then, well, this is what the discussion is for. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by