How important are theme/template screenshots for sales? I see a lot of authors – <strike> even </strike> especially top selling ones that don’t bother with screenshots at all…I’m asking because there are some creative things some authors put in screenshot section like:
- screens of theme options and variants not showed in demo (to prevent piracy I guess?)
- screens of admin area showing theme options (not avaible in demo)
- photographic proof that theme was really tested on the iPhone or other devices
- one author (forgot the name) in particular fused together like 20 different screenshots to show all the cursors and mouse over effects on the page!
- showing screenshots of tests/validators/other tools showing how good the theme is coded/made
Do buyers notice that kind of effort?
Do buyers look more than at the frontpage? That would be my question :)))
As a buyer I always look if there are screenshots of the admin area, which can’t be seen in the demo. And unfortunately, most often there are none :-/
It depends. Some buyers do, some don’t. But I can be sure that there are buyers who actually see the screenshots (like I do :D).
Screenshots also (at least) can give an idea about the template / theme, in case authors’ servers do not work.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.