• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
alkis says

Hello everyone.

Do buyers ever e-mail you showing you the project that they used your music for?

I just had my first Extended Licence and it felt really weird. I was happy but at the same time I’m SOOOOO curious to see where it was used, especially since it’s probably a commercial project because of the Extended Licence.

So to answer my own question, I have NEVER received an e-mail from a buyer, with the exception of some awesome videohive authors with whom there is a nice cooperation very often, but that’s kinda different.

PS: What’s the official Audiojungle reason for not being able to know who bought your project? I can think of some very valid reasons myself, but would love to hear from a staff member about it :-)

722 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Hey!

Do you have a text file or anything like that in your download zip? Many AJ authors do, including myself, where I thank the buyer, give them some more info and state that I am interested to know where they used my music if possible.

I would say about 1/6 of buyers do let me know, so it’s very good of them. The biggest projects my music has been used in however either someone else saw it and let me know or I found it myself.

1167 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Reviewer
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+8 more
garethcoker Reviewer says

Do you have a text file or anything like that in your download zip? Many AJ authors do, including myself, where I thank the buyer, give them some more info and state that I am interested to know where they used my music if possible.

lol – why am I not doing this? It’s so simple.

(Faceslap to my own head….)

That said, I do get contacted by quite a few buyers. Some of the stuff my work gets used in is really fun to watch.

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
alkis says

Thanks for replying guys! :-)

Yes, I do EXACTLY all this.

That said, I do get contacted by quite a few buyers. Some of the stuff my work gets used in is really fun to watch.
That’s the thing, I’m so curious to see where my stuff is used, especially a couple of items that have success even with extended license, but again, NEVER been contacted by anyone, except for 3-4 videohive authors.
327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
palmtreep says

I don’t get a ton, but there are customers and clients who do email me and show me what they are working on. Sometimes it’s still in beta form, other times it’s a final project. Always nice to hear from your customers though. In a way, it’s a bit of inspiration for you to create even more awesomeness :D

327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
palmtreep says

Hey!

I do this as well. :)

2083 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

That’s the thing, I’m so curious to see where my stuff is used, especially a couple of items that have success even with extended license, but again, NEVER been contacted by anyone, except for 3-4 videohive authors.

Same here. I have an info file in my (recent) items, plus a short note on my profile page, but I was never contacted by any of the buyers. I’m curious as well, who wouldn’t wanna know where their audio was used. :)

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Turkey
Greysound says

So to answer my own question, I have NEVER received an e-mail from a buyer, with the exception of some awesome videohive authors with whom there is a nice cooperation very often, but that’s kinda different.

Same here Alkis. I have made a couple of extended sales but unfortunately never got a feedback from a buyer even I have a text file in my projects’ zipped folders explaining how and why It would be awesome to get some feedback from them.

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
alkis says

Thanks for the replies everyone.

40 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
LockeRoberts says

I have a kind request to let me know about where my sounds are used in my profile but I guess hardly any buyers go there… Now I wonder why, oh why, didn’t I think about the info file before. It’s pure genius!

by
by
by
by
by
by