548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

It’s happened enough times now with enough themes that I’m pretty satisfied it’s a pattern. Yes, I hate IE too and I’m also guilty of not knowing about IE bugs until a customer brings it up. But please, you guys have to do a much better job at testing themes in IE before approving…I’m just sayin’.

548 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
tonvie says

I’ll take that as a no and that not one single reviewer must own anything other than a mac :)

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

Hi tonvie, all reviewers should be testing themes in IE. That being said, we aren’t able to test each and every page in each and every browser to root out every bug that might be sneakily hiding. If an item doesn’t work properly, please do report it to our support staff and we’ll be sure the item is either fixed or removed.

Personally, I own both a Mac and a PC, along with running Parallels on my Mac for IE testing. ;)

I believe most of us own both, though I can’t speak for anyone else. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, just reply here and I’ll be back to answer them for you. Thanks!

4337 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

We all test IE in all the items. Personally I use IETester in my netbook and sometimes I double check with http://browserlab.adobe.com – like Jarel said if an item doesn’t work properly please report it.

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Can one of you reviewers please jump to my update – the update i sent about an hour ago was completely the wrong file so the buyers are downloading completely the wrong file. Help!

Sorry for being off topic…

Edit: Thanks Ivor

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Personally, I own both a Mac and a PC, along with running Parallels on my Mac for IE testing. ;)

When Jarel (jremick) has reviewed one of my HTML themes, he came back pointing out specific IE7 issues I needed to fix before he’d accept the theme. So, we can take his word for it. :-)

607 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a blog post
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

As Jarel pointed out, we do test under IE—we just can’t check every page. Mac+PC here as well. IETester on Windows to check for IE7 + support.

If you see an issue with the item, please just refer it to support. Let us know if you have any questions!

by
by
by
by
by
by