1259 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

How to shut down sites that are stealing work from Envato’s authors?

I know 3/4 big sites. I send couple of e-mail to support, but they do not answering. Last mail was sent about 45-50 days ago.

1259 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

That’s what I’d like to know!

Me too!

895 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Koolgfx says

Totally agree with you bro, i dont feel protected by Envato. :(

660 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

How to shut down sites that are stealing work from Envato’s authors? I know 3/4 big sites. I send couple of e-mail to support, but they do not answering. Last mail was sent about 45-50 days ago.

Well in this case its envato members that are RIPING FILES AND RESELLING THEM AND ENVATO DOSE NOTHING .

as what the do with the money lol thats a good question. something tells me the put it in there pocket!

110 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a blog post
+3 more
Atzar says

How to shut down sites that are stealing work from Envato’s authors? I know 3/4 big sites. I send couple of e-mail to support, but they do not answering. Last mail was sent about 45-50 days ago.

Well in this case its envato members that are RIPING FILES AND RESELLING THEM AND ENVATO DOSE NOTHING .

as what the do with the money lol thats a good question. something tells me the put it in there pocket!
I hope they don’t pocket the money because that’s unethical business practices.

It should surely go to the Author who’s copyright the item taken down infringed, isn’t that called damages?

:)

2636 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hi guys, currently there are two badges awarded for helping with copyright infringement:

Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations.

Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations.

All copyright infringement content and concerns should be addressed through Envato Support . For additional information on copyright and the marketplaces, please refer to the Knowledgebase.

Hey DzincStudios you should put all the step we need to do to actually get support to help us not just to let them know! they dont do nothing!

Well, I can help you out with that, seeing as the matter has been discussed multiple times and left open.

If the links are on other websites :

1. identify infringement. > if it’s your own file, contact support, mention the link > personally send the DMCA notice to the given website, as only the creator of the file has the right to submit DMCA , as you also need to provide proof that you’re the owner of said file.

2. if the file belongs to someone else > contact support, report the link > mention that the file you’ve found is not your own, and that they should contact the appropriate author/authors, to take the steps mentioned in #1.

3. if the file has been purchased only very few times, report it as soon as possible! Purchases can be tracked, although you will never get to hear from support, they can keep track of say 3 buyers who happen to be reported in this manner, and by process of elimination, a sure hit can be made, and the correct buyer is singled-out and banned.

Other than that, there’s not much you can do about it, and any further discussion on the matter, brings nothing but further publicity to said sites, and practices, further encouraging people to start looking for a free alternative. You don’t have to post a link, people can find it themselves if they consider that to be an option.

Regarding “local” issues, within Envato, again, the only route to go is contact Envato support, with visible proof of copy-cat / copyright infringement proof, and if the proof is there, the file will be taken down, and depending on the case (as far as I know) the infringing author will be banned.

That being said, with all hate related to this action, I will have to lock this up for now, with the kind request that you simply contact support whenever you find something of this sort.

Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by