988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

Do you Flickr your items and what is your Flickr Profile URL ?

Alright, we all know Flickr is just another great place to showcase your items and creativity, but i was interested to find out how many of you guys use Flickr for this purpose. Me personaly, i didnt use flickr much for this, but i find flickr also good inspirations recource and to follow whats new etc.

Cool feature is, you can also add friends like on MySpace or Facebook and build some sort of friends community (i have only a few friends on there, but i am working on it to increase the number LOL ). We can start adding eachother as friends on there, here is me on Flickr ...I did a small research and find out that there is no Envato Authors group yet (what a shame) and decided to create one, you can view group here http://www.flickr.com/groups/envato_authors . We can start to build our own “better exposure” community on there by adding some of our items to the group pool. Within time when the number of group members and items in the pool grows, we will start to gain extra online exposire…i think this is another good way to advertise our stuff. Not to forget to mention that these items in the group will be also visible at the new authors community site we are building, you can see details about this project at www.graphicriver.net/forums/thread/i-have-a-dream/15750 (if you didnt yet). For now there is only 1 forum topic as “welcome”, but we can create some other in future when things goes on.

All this is ofcource just ideas on expanding the alternative promotion ways and extra exposure for our items on envato. Join Flickr and add your items to your profile, then join the group and add your items to the group pool. We will randomly select 18 athors who add 10 of their items to the group and award them an 40×40 pixels micro-banner space for 1 month located at the sidebar on graphictuning site.

Any thoughts and new ideas for the group are welcome :D

1000 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I’ve never thought of flickr as a tool for promoting my items, but it’s worth a try :) thanks:)

I’ve joined group and added you to my contacts :)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

Thanks rzepak ...yeah, me also i never thought of this before, but just thinking logicaly and considering the number of all authors, i am sure this can turn into another great alternative to promote our stuff. There are some groups on flickr with huge numebr of members and they stay always on top of groups…why the “envato authors” group not? :D …all depends on us and we authors, are the only one who can make this happen.

Just a small tip, dont forget that flickr photo descriptions also supports anchor text…you can easy enter the URL of your item located here with your Affiliate ID :D

773 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+4 more
GARRO says

cool :)

i just joined….

162 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
ponjoh says

Nice initiative! Joined =)

60 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
vesthar says

Nice idea.. worth to try:) Joined..

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

great :D GARRO i discovered the psdtuts group through your flickr and joined. Also i leave there a message about “envato authors” group, hope it doesnt get considered spammy LOL

3537 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I never thought of this, but yes, it’s a great idea :)
I’ll join in a bit :D

1612 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+9 more
DaniMun says

Great idea, Gunay!

Just joined the group ;)

Thanks!

707 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
ChillThemes says

I’ve Flickr’d some of my items, but I’ve neglected my Flickr account and haven’t been that active on it. This shall hopefully change that, nice idea with the group.

by
by
by
by
by
by