145 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
bjornredemption says

Id been on flickr quite while before joining FD and I did notice quite a lot of traffic after putting a themeforest work on it. Interestingly I haven’t been able to find as many Flash groups as you’d expect.

3741 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Cool idea :D I’ll have a look around Flick’r. Never really used it :P

193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says

It isn’t allowed is it? Read the dos & don’ts

I quote flickr:
Don’t use Flickr for commercial purposes. Flickr is for personal use only. If we find you selling products, services, or yourself through your photostream, we will terminate your account. Any other commercial use of Flickr, Flickr technologies (including APIs, FlickrMail, etc), or Flickr accounts must be approved by Flickr. For more information on leveraging Flickr APIs, please see our Services page. If you have other open questions about commercial usage of Flickr, please feel free to contact us.

Do you guys know more about it?

988 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

i have seen so many people selling stuff on there. Flickr is one of the platforms affiliates uses for art and stock sales. Alone the competitions hosted on there are so many at any time, that you cant count them all…is that not commercial use as well?

2201 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says
i have seen so many people selling stuff on there. Flickr is one of the platforms affiliates uses for art and stock sales. Alone the competitions hosted on there are so many at any time, that you cant count them all…is that not commercial use as well?

I think nobody reads the terms or just doesn’t follow them. It’s like that with every big platform, anyway I’m not going to use it for commercial use. I’d rather stick to their terms.

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

Arik, you can still join the group without using affiliate links…just add your item without any redirection or credits.

@all, you guys can also prefere this, no one is forced to do that, instead maybe link your items to your personal or business site where you actually have direct or affiliate links to your items…thats also possible. Then no one can blaim you, you violate TOS .

40 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
hertzz says

Joined!

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
I think nobody reads the terms or just doesn’t follow them. It’s like that with every big platform, anyway I’m not going to use it for commercial use. I’d rather stick to their terms.

Agreed with you Arik and Roeven….if you are a exclusive author here you cannot sell items through flickr, well at least the items / projects uploaded here, am I correct?

Anyways, I like your idea thomas. I’ve been thinking for a while how to use flickr and other social networks like twitter and facebook for marketing and promotion (not selling / commercial) purposes. I have a a lot of friends in facebook and some of them follow my work or have come to videohive just for reference post. Good idea thomas! :)

193 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says
Agreed with you Arik and Roeven….if you are a exclusive author here you cannot sell items through flickr, well at least the items / projects uploaded here, am I correct?
Hmm… I’m not sure about the fact that it matters you’re an exclusive author. After all, we’re still selling the files here, on Envato. I was stating that you can’t use Flickr for commercial purposes. However, we’re promoting our work, not actually selling via Flickr.
988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

thats right…what we do is nothing more than promotion. Not to forget to mention that envato always, but really always encourage authors to promote with their own possibilities. Many of you, you will remember from some threads previously how i was against this “agresive encouragement” by envato…i still feel authors doesnt need to promote at all as we leave 60% of our money to envato and part of this money schould cover also promoting the marketplaces..maybe they do, we never know, but i personaly think there is no 1 cent invested into this…atleast not into some serious marketing campaigns. Launch another TUTs site is not investment into marketing!!! It is not the author duty to promote!! But since i really see no good future for envato promotiong in some more agressive way, i thought i will really do it by my self. The reason is i and many others spend already some of the time into envato somehow and i dont want this time to be “wasted time”...i plan to turn this time into paying me back. Ofcource income very much depend on what is the item type you offer and the quality. I personaly, i have only small crap on graphicriver and as you know GR items are not priced “so high” as the other marketplaces items. To get an silver paw, i will probably need to sell GR items for another 20 years…in other words, i get pist off of how envato is “sensitive about promotion” and get tired of this articles floating at the RiverCurrent blog reading ”...ways to advertise your items”.

...i ask my self what for i am leaving the 60% of my money here…for a payment processor only? No thanks…i’ll do the job by my self and let envato earn another bunch of $300K until i get my earnings % increased. The only reason why i and you are able to type this here without to get warned or banned is, the fact that at the end envato makes the dollar…doesnt matter which way the lead comes…if it is direct sale or filtered trough few aff links. I can see them watching this and the other thread about this project and already hitting the “cahs-in…cash-in” tab on their keyboards there at the office. Yes thats how i feel about this, and you guys, now you decide on what side you are…are you willign to get back a dollar for your efforts, are you interested to be a part of something that you will be probably so glad in near future you did it?

Basically, what we do here is not for fun, yes, flickr may have terms but i tell you what…i dont really give a hot abou it, the reason is simple…i and you, we are not the only one using flickr as promotion base. It is not only about Flickr, look arround and you will see dozen of platforms that can be used as alternative advertising. Alone Yahoo Answers, they also have TOS , but…do you think yahoo answers is created with purpose for backlink building?...for sure no, but today yahoo answers is the biggest backlinks farm on the web. Marketing and Promotion methods of today are just dirty, if you want to be successful, you have to put your hands on that sh*t.

So…at the end of all this, yes i will advertise, but not with a crappy affiliate banner on some crappy site that almost no one visits. This means, i will have to benefit from all advertising possibilies as much as i can…and this is possible to happen with your help, one man cant change the world. If i am going to invest time into this it must be really worth it and it must pay back for the efforts. Basically i will be agressive and the question now is, do you want to be a part of this and benefit from or not?... i will also not take back my words as i am right. If envato feel i (and many others who actually prefere to not speak as there is already someone doing it) i’m not right, they schould start a pool and ask how many of us think that envato schould advertise more agressive…make it anonymous…results can be surprising as things are not so pink as it looks like.

by
by
by
by
by
by