193 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Roeven says
thats right…what we do is nothing more than promotion. Not to forget to mention that envato always, but really always encourage authors to promote with their own possibilities. Many of you, you will remember from some threads previously how i was against this “agresive encouragement” by envato…i still feel authors doesnt need to promote at all as we leave 60% of our money to envato and part of this money schould cover also promoting the marketplaces..maybe they do, we never know, but i personaly think there is no 1 cent invested into this…atleast not into some serious marketing campaigns. Launch another TUTs site is not investment into marketing!!! It is not the author duty to promote!! But since i really see no good future for envato promotiong in some more agressive way, i thought i will really do it by my self. The reason is i and many others spend already some of the time into envato somehow and i dont want this time to be “wasted time”...i plan to turn this time into paying me back. Ofcource income very much depend on what is the item type you offer and the quality. I personaly, i have only small crap on graphicriver and as you know GR items are not priced “so high” as the other marketplaces items. To get an silver paw, i will probably need to sell GR items for another 20 years…in other words, i get pist off of how envato is “sensitive about promotion” and get tired of this articles floating at the RiverCurrent blog reading ”...ways to advertise your items”.

...i ask my self what for i am leaving the 60% of my money here…for a payment processor only? No thanks…i’ll do the job by my self and let envato earn another bunch of $300K until i get my earnings % increased. The only reason why i and you are able to type this here without to get warned or banned is, the fact that at the end envato makes the dollar…doesnt matter which way the lead comes…if it is direct sale or filtered trough few aff links. I can see them watching this and the other thread about this project and already hitting the “cahs-in…cash-in” tab on their keyboards there at the office. Yes thats how i feel about this, and you guys, now you decide on what side you are…are you willign to get back a dollar for your efforts, are you interested to be a part of something that you will be probably so glad in near future you did it?

Basically, what we do here is not for fun, yes, flickr may have terms but i tell you what…i dont really give a hot abou it, the reason is simple…i and you, we are not the only one using flickr as promotion base. It is not only about Flickr, look arround and you will see dozen of platforms that can be used as alternative advertising. Alone Yahoo Answers, they also have TOS , but…do you think yahoo answers is created with purpose for backlink building?...for sure no, but today yahoo answers is the biggest backlinks farm on the web. Marketing and Promotion methods of today are just dirty, if you want to be successful, you have to put your hands on that sh*t.

So…at the end of all this, yes i will advertise, but i will also not take back my words as i am right. If envato feel i (and many others who actually prefere to not speak as there is already someone doing it) i’m not right, they schould start a pool and ask how many of us think that envato schould advertise more agressive…make it anonymous…results can be surprising as things are not so pink as it looks like.

+1.
3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
..... If envato feel i (and many others who actually prefere to not speak as there is already someone doing it) i’m not right, they schould start a pool and ask how many of us think that envato schould advertise more agressive…make it anonymous…results can be surprising as things are not so pink as it looks like.

Being honest I never think of Envato keeping 60% and not doing a big effort on advertisement campaigns…I support your idea of making a pool. I feel the same thing about selling items in the graphic river since they are not really profitable. I do my numbers too and a bringing things down to earth, it will be really difficult to make a profit (if not taking years) here…

But I feel *thomas, you sound like if you want to stand for a revolution here..lol..just kidding. I mean, Envato is a great opportunity for selling client’s discard projects and such others (like I think many does) and not your main source of income but you got a point that an exclusive author may feel the need for more aggressive promotional campaigns to give sales a spike up (even though its hard to compete here with so many good projects)...

May be wrong…just a thought…but I’m really thankful to Envato for so many other things as well…

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says

no one is after revolution…it is just the annoying part how you (authors) cant see and understand the fact that we must have alternative advertising options build by ourself and not rely only on envatos promotions. When someone come up with an idea of such alternatives and doesnt get supported by the rest of the community is just annoying…see we have build a site only for this purpose, and now this site will again need your attention as authors if you want to build better exposure online. Thats the whole thing what we talk about here…to be supportive and take part at such oportunities that others give you just for free…not that i am very much interested to promote your stuff, but been together will make us stronger on this and thats the way to success on such projects. Flickr system is only one of the platforms that offers such options to users (by-pass the TOS ). And this only the begining, we will have some similar groups build on facebook, myspace, deviantart etc…all of the platforms that gives options for this.

Some people, spend time into this and all you have to do is be supportive…take a few mins of your time and go join the group, add some of your items on there and link them…very soon, you will be glad you did it.

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
no one is after revolution…it is just the annoying part how you (authors) cant see and understand the fact that we must have alternative advertising options build by ourself and not rely only on envatos promotions. When someone come up with an idea of such alternatives and doesnt get supported by the rest of the community is just annoying…see we have build a site only for this purpose, and now this site will again need your attention as authors if you want to build better exposure online. Thats the whole thing what we talk about here…to be supportive and take part at such oportunities that others give you just for free…not that i am very much interested to promote your stuff, but been together will make us stronger on this and thats the way to success on such projects. Flickr system is only one of the platforms that offers such options to users (by-pass the TOS ). And this only the begining, we will have some similar groups build on facebook, myspace, deviantart etc…all of the platforms that gives options for this. Some people, spend time into this and all you have to do is be supportive…take a few mins of your time and go join the group, add some of your items on there and link them…very soon, you will be glad you did it.

Thomas don’t get mad…I appreciate your role as Robin hood in this movie… :) no again, just kidding…You can count on me to support any other ideas you can come with. I will join the Envato Flickr groups and hurry for the Facebook…lol…

1 post
galleries says
Joined!

+1

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says
Thomas don’t get mad…I appreciate your role as Robin hood in this movie… :) no again, just kidding…You can count on me to support any other ideas you can come with. I will join the Envato Flickr groups and hurry for the Facebook…lol…

Before i hurry on the facebook thing, you better hurry and become author here and let us see what you got ;-)

335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
Tamixes says

I use twitpic – Whenever I upload a new item for sale, I upload it onto twitpic with the relevant redirects.

Can’t confirm if it’s increased my sales on GR but there’s always an increase of visitors to my blog and an increase of clickthoughs to GR after posting (there’s only a 10-20 minute of opportunity though)

1661 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+9 more
flashedge says

We have to bring great files. We have to promote them. We have to support them. We have to build tutorials. We have to report copyright violations. We have to answer every dumb question of all newbies who wants to turn your five dollar item into the ultimate website with awesome effects without paying you anything. We have to pray that someone sees our hard work and goes ahead with the purchase.

Now, think about it. :)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

yep, twitpic is only one of the great tools to use…we have all of the twitter related marketing tools on our site as well…we’ll post details on this later with the announcement on when the submissions starts.

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says
We have to bring great files. We have to promote them. We have to support them. We have to build tutorials. We have to report copyright violations. We have to answer every dumb question of all newbies who wants to turn your five dollar item into the ultimate website with awesome effects without paying you anything. We have to pray that someone sees our hard work and goes ahead with the purchase. Now, think about it. :)

yeah, and this is why we spend now some extra efforts to make all this a little more paying us back the efforst while using all of such opportunities…thought, forum Mods can support us by making such threads sticky so that as much as possible authors see them?

by
by
by
by
by
by