86 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Netherlands
Luukratief says

I fully agree with all of this. They ruin the market.

It’s often i offer a price for a website to someone and they mail me back with “this guy does it for half of you price”.

This is why these ppl who cant design ruin the market. Clients expect you to go as low with the price as they do when the quality is waaaay different.

You cant compare a ferrari to a fiat panda also. “this car also has 4 wheels and drives”????

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says
You cant compare a ferrari to a fiat panda also. “this car also has 4 wheels and drives”????

Woah. That’s a phrase I’m going to use from now on (although both the panda and the ferrari are manufactured by Fait).

It’s so true. Myself, I’m 15. And although I’m still learning a lot, I see a lot of people that truly suck. They call themselves webdesigners, and charge €50 for a complete website. first problem.
Then, you look into a portfolio. My eyes start to burn. second problem.

1182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
campolar says
(although both the panda and the ferrari are manufactured by Fait).

All the templates are made on XHTML , CSS and/or javascript…

86 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Luukratief says

Woah. That’s a phrase I’m going to use from now on (although both the panda and the ferrari are manufactured by Fait).

exactly my point. Both designers design, both designers code, both designers use the same software. The quality differs though

1182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
campolar says

exactly my point. Both designers design, both designers code, both designers use the same software. The quality differs though

Exactly… Its the “thinking” that differs…

I remember that when i was a newbie, i never told anyone that i was a web-designer because when i used to see COOL designs made by other people, i thought if i’d say i’m a designer, i’d be made fun of…

This is what most people don’t have!

630 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
RobbyDesigns says

Why worry yourself about people with two-week qualifications or whatever? The only people who’d hire thme aren’t the people you should be aiming at working for anyway (;

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says
Why worry yourself about people with two-week qualifications or whatever? The only people who’d hire thme aren’t the people you should be aiming at working for anyway (;

Not really true. Some clients may have an eye for good design and these are the people you want to work with (although they should not intefere in the process).
But some have none. Especially if they are familliar with 1999 (bad) design style, they’ll often choose for the cheapest guy around. They just don’t know better.

630 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
RobbyDesigns says
Not really true. Some clients may have an eye for good design and these are the people you want to work with (although they should not intefere in the process).
But some have none. Especially if they are familliar with 1999 (bad) design style, they’ll often choose for the cheapest guy around. They just don’t know better.

What I meant by ‘arent the people you should be aiming at working for anyway’ is echoed in your statement ‘they’ll often choose the cheapest guy around’ – exactly. What I was saying is do you wanna work for someone like that? Good design takes time, time=££; if they’re looking for ‘cheap’ then they’re never going to get a good designer. < My opinion anyway.

1182 posts
  • Exclusive Author
campolar says

well, its not always cheap either…

Some people go to those who have a “diploma” hanging in their rooms, and these guys aren’t always cheap. Some may be more expensive than us, bcz they hav a “diploma”!

And i’ve seen people get ripped off like this. Even a few close relatives of mine, pay a good amount of money for a website design, and then they beat their own head when they see my works, done for equal or less the price :|

by
by
by
by
by
by