1179 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
mabuc says

I’m using Google Calendar for my personal and work schedules :)

229 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
Pressateers says

I don’t have a schedule – I usually play Battlefield 2 between breaks while working. This is why I love freelancing – I have FREEDOM . I can do whatever I like while working, and it’s a major plus when my client takes an hour between emails so I have time to play games :)

327 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
PaulWinslow says

I don’t have a schedule – I usually play Battlefield 2 between breaks while working. This is why I love freelancing – I have FREEDOM . I can do whatever I like while working, and it’s a major plus when my client takes an hour between emails so I have time to play games :)

Sounds a lot like most of my days, but my game is Fifa. ;)

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
PressCrew says

I like to get away from the computer as much as possible when not working on client work or themes. I’m really bad at NOT working when behind my mac, so this is the only solution that prevents me from not turning a complete nerd/work-a-holic!

As far as scheduling goes; I completely suck at making them so I stopped trying. I just tackle the problems that need to be done and float from one thing to another. This “chaos” sometimes works out great, other times it prevents me from really finishing a design or project. A little bit more structure would be great, but at the same time it would mean less “happy accidents”.

All in all it’s a great way of working, and looking at my friends, not many are as happy to be where they at in their career as yours truly :-)

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

As far as scheduling goes; I completely suck at making them so I stopped trying. I just tackle the problems that need to be done and float from one thing to another. This “chaos” sometimes works out great, other times it prevents me from really finishing a design or project. A little bit more structure would be great, but at the same time it would mean less “happy accidents”.

+1 We just do our on-the-fly-to-do lists of things we need to fix, prepare, add, enhance, separate, simplify, etc. We then select a random task from that list and work on it until done, then move on to the next one and so on. We have used shared Evernote for this, but we are now moving to a milestone system where we will keep notes about versions and all that.

Time management is hard – that’s why there are managers who pushes your ass for you ;)

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

Hey guys .. just wanted to keep you update on my attempt to have a schedule.

So I started Sunday, and failed miserably. A girl came to my appartment and, you know, I haven’t worked. Well I probably would have been able to say no if it wasn’t a “Sunday” Because I want to try to do Monday to Friday, weekends off. So I had the good excuse :)

So today was the first day .. and I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed it. I was 100x more productive and it made me enjoy my free time a lot more. When 6pm arrived, I was happy to stop working and turned off the computer for the entire night.

I enjoyed having absolute freedom for a couple year but I really feel like I have to be more strict on myself if I want to reach a new level. Doing everything I want, whenever I want made me lazy and I stopped appreciate my free time, because every time was free time. It’s like eating your favorite meal every day because you love it, you’ll get fed up.

So I’ll try this for a couple week/month and I’ll keep you guys updated with my reflexion and results.

I’m going to bed now, oh yeah, I have a bed time too :)

98 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Romania
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
ThemeFuzz says

Hi!

My schedule is like this: wake-up at 7 A.M. – smoke,coffe , provide support to my files (if needed) leave for my day job on 8 A.M. If i have work to do for my job i do it, if not i work on my files Get home at 7 P.M. – continue to work on my files….

Best regards, Stefan

1237 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
LoveThemes says

Get up at 7am, grab a coffee and read the latest news from my RSS , 8 – 9am reply to support requests, 9 – 10:30am gym, 10:30am – whenever I feel like sleep, client work and anything else I feel like doing.

Scott.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Im so unproductive im only “working” 3 hours a day. I could make a lot more themes if I wasn’t distracted by various games consoles, musical instruments, twitter and constantly refreshing my browser to see if I’ve made a sale.

1999 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
+4 more
bitfade says

coffee, cigarette, F5 … f@ck!, forum, coffee, cigarrette, F5 .. yeah!, twitter, forum, F5 ... f@ck, forum, coffee, cigarette, F5 … f@ck!

by
by
by
by
by
by