239 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+2 more
phpdude says

Yeah, definitely not a Pyramid scheme, however it may be considered a Ponzy Scheme, where early adopters are rewarded a lot more than later adopters.

I remember reading an article a few days back where it was suggested that they had founds blocks that were owned by the creator, and are now worth ~$100m.

I looked into mining a while back, when the exchange was about $8-$12, and rewarded for solo or pool mining vs the difficultly of the hash and electricity prices simply wasn’t worth it. Not sure how that fairs with the current exchange, and current difficulty, but I imagine the profit will be around the same margin as I believe the difficult rate increases along with the price.

Either way, it’s a facilitating system and the more you delve into it, the more interesting it becomes. But, to answer OP’s question, no I don’t have any bitcoins, because for me they are too volatile even buying one, the price could half in an hours time. I wish I bought some when they were the $8-$12 mark, but that’s hindsight for you.

3683 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

the difficultly of the hash and electricity prices simply wasn’t worth it.

Hash prices are going up now? Man, what is this country coming to… :(

7311 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

when I found out about bitcoins (a year ago) they give you bitcoins for free I’ve got like 10 of them I think. Unfortunately I didn’t understand well how all worked, and I don’t remember what I did with the wallet (the account), I’ve probably formatted my computer and it got lost.

309 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in India
+2 more
DarkLand says

when I found out about bitcoins (a year ago) they give you bitcoins for free I’ve got like 10 of them I think. Unfortunately I didn’t understand well how all worked, and I don’t remember what I did with the wallet (the account), I’ve probably formatted my computer and it got lost.
So you lost around $1100? That is really bad :(
7311 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

So you lost around $1100? That is really bad :cry:

or maybe 2500 if I would had sold when it was the last peak :D and I’ve got them for free :)

who would had known will get to value so much money. I’ve lost half a day looking in my archives if maybe I’ve saved some info somewhere but no luck till now :)

309 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
DarkLand says

who would had known will get to value so much money. I’ve lost half a day looking in my archives if maybe I’ve saved some info somewhere but no luck till now :)

Do’t worry dude. You have Great files in your portfolio. You may get it in few day!! ;)

639 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Typps says

There’s some talk about Paypal considering Bitcoin, or rather looking at Bitcoin with interest see: 2:54 on video source bloomberg

This may very well change the landscape for Bitcoin if a heavy player like paypal added support for it :)

Here’s a transcript of what the president of paypal has to say about Bitcoin on the video :

So I’ve been spending a lot of time looking at it. It’s truly fascinating, actually, the way the currency’s been designed and the way inflation is built-in to pay for miners and all that, it’s truly fascinating. And I think, for us at PayPapl, it’s just a question of whether Bitcoin will make its way to PayPal’s funding instrument or not, and we’re kind of thinking about it right now.
461 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+4 more
VectorMedia says

I think this is a pretty good explication to what bitcoin is. :)

[Check out the video]

1 post
ngaradio says

i wish code canyon would accept bitcoin & litecoin, i wouldnt mind them jacking the prices up either, id pay… Accept crypto!

1 post
  • Located in United Kingdom
handymanlondon says

I heard lots of news about bitcoin but I really don’t understand how it works.

by
by
by
by
by
by