13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
chasedhero says

Hi,

I’m new to the scene and I thought about this topic and would like to re-check with people who might or might not do it this way.

I thought that 10 x $35 (= $350) may not be the world for a WP theme that can take some people up to 1 month or even more work.

BUT

10 x $35 from ThemeForest and 10 x $35 from Source 2, and 10 x $35 from Source 3 equals to $1050 which is much more than just from one source.

I’m wondering, is it legal to do it this way concerning the terms on ThemeForest? I personally believe that it’s legal and should be that way. Here are people selling their eBooks on Tut+ and other places at the same time, why shouldn’t the same be possible with the themes, at the end of the day you’re just leasing them here and still retain all your rights.

So to my question, is any body doing it the exact same way and how exactly does it look like?

- Do you apply to other market places? - Do you give people the options to buy from your personal blog? - Do you make use of any other sources? - How significantly does that increase your incomes? Twice as much as TF only, or 3 or 4 fold?

Hope to hear some insight.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Hello. The question can be answered simple. If you use another place to post the themes you are not an exclusive author, and you will get 25% of your sales. If you are exclusive you will get 50% and grow as you sale. So the math you did there is all wrong.

13 posts
  • Located in Germany
chasedhero says

Ohh I didn’t even know about those rules. 25% is pretty low. Is it this way with all market places?

The question still remains though, which way do you guys find more profitable? To use other market places as well or not?

157 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeFields says

I’m loyal to ThemeForest! :]

13 posts
  • Located in Germany
chasedhero says

Now that I think about it, it makes sense to be loyal to ThemeForest, as an exclusive member you get 50%, and with more sales you get more percent on top of it. Though it seems quite hard to even reach 60% (Sales volume: $37,500) and may take a while, or am I wrong here?

I also think that there’s not a huge concurrence either, TF has a big community.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says

I am loyal to themeforest. First off think if your work will get accepted here and will it sale, after that think about the money.

13 posts
  • Located in Germany
chasedhero says

I disagree. Planning & Researching is 50% of the whole work.

441 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
pixelnourish says

Now that I think about it, it makes sense to be loyal to ThemeForest, as an exclusive member you get 50%, and with more sales you get more percent on top of it. Though it seems quite hard to even reach 60% (Sales volume: $37,500) and may take a while, or am I wrong here?

I also think that there’s not a huge concurrence either, TF has a big community.

Some authors with great themes are able to earn $40,000+ per month, according to Collis.

So getting to 60%, with the right files, can be a cake-walk. :)

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says

I disagree. Planning & Researching is 50% of the whole work.
You are very wrong my friend.
13 posts
  • Located in Germany
chasedhero says

Some authors with great themes are able to earn $40,000+ per month, according to Collis.

So getting to 60%, with the right files, can be a cake-walk. :)

Yeah thanks for letting me know. It’s really good info, I’ve already seen some people state on the forums that they want to make a living of doing themes alone, some already do it. Are other areas besides WordPress flourishing as well?

by
by
by
by
by
by