• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
kayapati says

I would like to know how many authors create themes personally or manage it by some one else by hiring designer & coders, how long can we design personally if age is more than 40.

I have 39 and I get it done by my staff, earlier I was doing my self but now feel its better to manage by giving guidance..

what about you?

2189 posts
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

I think the best way is to hire someone , in my case i do it for myself because I’m starting im 22 but people with career like you can take other positions .

807 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Philippines
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
uziiuzair says

I just started, Im 18 and ofc, design my own themes

616 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ChapterThemes says

The other day i was talkin’ to someone who also was questioning himself with something like this. He was ONLY 36!

I’m telling ya, there’s no way i stop designing at the age of 40. WHY on earth would you do that?? Most designers ( that are any good ) in their 30’s are just getting warmed up. At least i am.

I makes me sad when people think they somehow are not ‘young’ enough to make a beautiful design for the web ( or anything else for that matter ).

It’s just a fact, that 80% of the new puppies just leaving some design school or whatever aren’t even close in creating a really beautiful design. The ones who do are born artists but there aren’t many like those few.

Unless it’s mainly because from a business point of view and you like it, then yeah go guide the little puppies to nice designs.

But if you think age is a problem I say c’mon!! you’re only 39! Why should you stop designing???! If you’re any good just do it, don’t stop :)

129 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Cubell says

Don’t be silly! Age has nothing to do with design or taste. A good designer 50 years ago will still be a good designer today. The only thing that ever changes are the “trends” and the tools used to design, but you can always hire someone to do use those tools for you and create your vision. :)

246 posts WordPress Theme Devoloper
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
kayapati says

The other day i was talkin’ to someone who also was questioning himself with something like this. He was ONLY 36!

I’m telling ya, there’s no way i stop designing at the age of 40. WHY on earth would you do that?? Most designers ( that are any good ) in their 30’s are just getting warmed up. At least i am.

I makes me sad when people think they somehow are not ‘young’ enough to make a beautiful design for the web ( or anything else for that matter ).

It’s just a fact, that 80% of the new puppies just leaving some design school or whatever aren’t even close in creating a really beautiful design. The ones who do are born artists but there aren’t many like those few.

Unless it’s mainly because from a business point of view and you like it, then yeah go guide the little puppies to nice designs.

But if you think age is a problem I say c’mon!! you’re only 39! Why should you stop designing???! If you’re any good just do it, don’t stop :)

I am talking about business point of view :)

616 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ChapterThemes says

I am talking about business point of view :)

Than GO ahead lay down on the beach with a nice cocktail and give some pointers 2 or 3 days a week! :) aahhhh what a life… :) enjoy!

by
by
by
by
by
by