327 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
TimOstanin says

I like Dan Brown, Arthur Conan Doyle and Carlos Castaneda :)

285 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Serbia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
scrnjakovic says

Yes. I like Dostoyevsky.

I meant on books regarding what we do i.e: design, development, audio/video and stuff :)

But I guess it can be in general ;)

Tho generally, I don’t have enough time to read books. I think I’ll make it up when I get over middle age crysis and that kinda of stuff, you know, like starting to work less and pay more attention to stuff you never got a chance to do in your life, or you simply never wanted to do :) I see myself in bed next to my wife reading something and having great time while my kids are having fun out :P

1008 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
3Ddym says

I don’t read books, but I like to…

122 posts
BrianHermelijn says

When it comes to coding I believe that theory can’t covers everything. In some way coding is much more of a practical subject then reading. Beside that by the time you’re done reading that particular book most of the theories that you have read contains 90% information’s that you won’t even use.

So in my personal opinion it’s best to practice the codes by checking others codes and read 10% of theory. Although if you’re more of a practical person then coding (practice) can give you a greater benefits than reading alone. Besides that you will eventually create problems which will leads to another path for fixing that problem etc.

All in all it boils down to which way you learn the best. There is no sure way to professionalism after all. Since it depends on the individual itself.

DobrincuSebastian
DobrincuSebastian Recent Posts Threads Started
145 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
DobrincuSebastian says

When it comes to coding I believe that theory can’t covers everything. In some way coding is much more of a practical subject then reading. Beside that by the time you’re done reading that particular book most of the theories that you have read contains 90% information’s that you won’t even use.

So in my personal opinion it’s best to practice the codes by checking others codes and read 10% of theory. Although if you’re more of a practical person then coding (practice) can give you a greater benefits than reading alone. Besides that you will eventually create problems which will leads to another path for fixing that problem etc.

All in all it boils down to which way you learn the best. There is no sure way to professionalism after all. Since it depends on the individual itself.
+100
285 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Serbia
scrnjakovic says

As I said, I’m more of a practical person and I find TUTORIALS, unlike books, very very good source and you get both theory and practice at the same time :)

by
by
by
by
by
by