1478 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
LumenMedia says
Very impressive track! Remind me good old electronic music of 80’s

I recorded my first song using 4 analogue synthesizers and tape recorder somewhere in 90’s. At that time I was huge fan of Jean Michele Jarre

Hi LumenMedia,

if you were a big fan of J. M. Jarre you should have a listen to this track :D : http://audiojungle.net/item/heart-of-jarre/4200281

It’ not exactly Jarre but it contains some typical elements.

I tried to forget my first composed song. :D

In the 80s I started with my christmas present Fostex X-15. A 4-track tape machine. It was about 1,500 $ in germany.

Followed by my first sequencer program “Supertrack” from C-Lab on Commodore C64.

I used the instruments of my father. Before I started sequencing I played Hammond M-100, Fender Rhodes Mark II, Hohner D-6 Clavinet, Crumar String Ensemble.

During the Commodore time I used 2x Yamaha DX-7 Yamaha RX-11 drum machine Yamaha RX-21L latin prec. machine Crumar Bit-01 19”

Sometimes I recorded the drum patterns with supertrack and send the tracks to a sound of a DX-7. Really interesting and new sequence lines came out I never could have played on my own because of the extreme short note events.

omg, what a great time.
44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Located in Canada
+1 more
Musicnote says

I taught myself to play from books and my sisters guitar that I used to “borrow” when she wasn’t home making sure to put it back exactly as I found it or there would be heck to pay…...At around age 10 I wrote a song for my friends Dad that had passed away. Some years after that 4 track recorders came out so that was a huge step forward. Before that we were making microphones out of small speakers and plugging them in to whatever rig we could record on…bare wires and all. (Please do not attempt this at home!). This all may or may not have happened over 40 years ago….....I”m not tellin!

342 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
soundtrove says

I recorded my first original track Reach Out – an alt acoustic rock number (drums, bass, acoustic, vocal) on a tascam 4 track r2r around 1992 just for fun. I had been playing it live for a while but I’ll never forget the excitement of recording it, and for the first time I saw what was possible. It took me a long time to get from there to here but that sowed the seed of producing/recording for me. Now I feel like redoing that track and putting it on AJ!

40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Pestrator says

Awesome stories everybody! Man that is so cute that you married her! That’s so awesome! =)

Well my first production was in january 2010 I had downloaded FL Studios and looked up some tutorials on the basics of maneuvering around and I made a hip-hop like beat on there. It wasn’t bad for a first try, I really liked it! I fell in love with producing since then. It had been a thing I wanted to do but when I had tried two years prior on Fl Studios I got overwhelmed and couldnt wrap my mind on how to use it. I was 15 turning 16 that year. I had it uploaded on 4shared and I just went to look for it but couldnt find it, I guess I must have deleted it. I’m glad that I’ve kept going with it! I love music wayy too much to stop!! =D

765 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
Waderman says

Hm, that must have been 1982 where I had a new girlfriend.
Guess her name ^^. And yes, that´s my voice.
Composed with Ensoniq VFX and a Prophet 2000 Sampler.
Heavy noise due to old cassete sampling.
Here´s the track: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36899338/Kathrin%201982.mp3

I should recompose all old 15 tracks with the actual VSTs.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Here´s the track: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36899338/Kathrin%201982.mp3 I should recompose all old 15 tracks with the actual VSTs.

So cool, Dirk!! You should denoise it and upload to AJ :D

I don’t exactly know which one was my first song, but I give you a ridiculous sample of one of the first songs. There was no real sequenzer, so I played it live with my dad’s old Electronic Technics Organ (the bass played with my left foot!).
The fills of the drums and switching sounds I operated in realtime (you can hear it) with several levers on the organ with the right foot and the knee :D – Recorded on a good old 2-track Tape deck of course. I think this was between 1982-1984.

This organ was one of the first using samples, so it even had a pan flute! :) , but for the price it costs at this time you could buy a nice new car…

Here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xlwo6i9fhe855zo/Mat%20Steiner%20-%20Technics%20Organ%201994.mp3 Have fun ! :P

Later i bought a Atari and some Synths, then i started recording with a 4-track tape recorder…sounds much better, but not so fun for here :D

667 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
Blinn says
1478 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
LumenMedia says
Now listening. Ahh, those sweet 80-s…. When we were so young…. :)

Here´s the track: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36899338/Kathrin%201982.mp3 I should recompose all old 15 tracks with the actual VSTs.
866 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

I wrote a piano piece that I never notated when I was in high school, around 1974. I can still play it, but I have never notated it or recorded it and probably never will. I was definitely in love with the sound of the maj7 chord when I wrote it.

128 posts
  • Located in Russian Federation
+1 more
EvgenyEmelyanov says

Thanks everyone! :) There are so good stories.

I don’t remember how my first song is called. It was about 6-7 years ago and now I’m 21. I made a hip-hop beat and tried to rap. I was just a kid and my words were so stupid. I remember that my brother laughed at me when listen my song. But I used to think that I’m a superstar.

I really wish to listen my first song but I lost it.

by
by
by
by
by
by