• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
im_ahmad says

themeforest rejected my theme many times, now I modified it, added portfolio page and also added a lot of features to option panel, now the theme has an unlimited colors and user can easy customize it

do you think TF reviewer will accept it now

http://themes.a-salah.com/kalabala/
58 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bulgaria
TonyBogdanov says

Hey!

I really like the theme, it’s quite clean and simple, yet really nice.

Unfortunately, knowing the quality requirements, it will probably get at least soft rejected. I know I might sound like the copy-pasted response they give all the time, but it really needs to be more interesting, and there are some typography issues I can already see.

If you want I can give you some more tips, though I am not someone who will give you the best advice, since I got my themes rejected so many times.

Anyway, I think the idea is interesting and with a little bit of polish and luck you will get yourself in.

Happy New Year and best of luck!

2180 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

Much better , upload and see what happens, now have more chances ..

74 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Taaz says

Hello, there are a few typography issues and a few places where spacing is inconsistent. One spot was inside the first blog item in your “Blog” page the left aligned image could use some spacing above and it seems like you need a clearfix as well, your category/date/author post info are floated to the right of the image.

I think you need more features ( i.e.: complete typography, icons, shortcodes ), a theme can be simple in design but I think having a solid foundation of features is important (not saying you need tons of features). And of course any features you do have make sure to showcase them in your demo!

Good luck

65 posts I'm Ahmad, since 1989
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

Hey!

I really like the theme, it’s quite clean and simple, yet really nice.

Unfortunately, knowing the quality requirements, it will probably get at least soft rejected. I know I might sound like the copy-pasted response they give all the time, but it really needs to be more interesting, and there are some typography issues I can already see.

If you want I can give you some more tips, though I am not someone who will give you the best advice, since I got my themes rejected so many times.

Anyway, I think the idea is interesting and with a little bit of polish and luck you will get yourself in.

Happy New Year and best of luck!

thanks for your response, even if your can’t give the best advice but I would like to hear from you, thanks :)

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

Hello, there are a few typography issues and a few places where spacing is inconsistent. One spot was inside the first blog item in your “Blog” page the left aligned image could use some spacing above and it seems like you need a clearfix as well, your category/date/author post info are floated to the right of the image.

I think you need more features ( i.e.: complete typography, icons, shortcodes ), a theme can be simple in design but I think having a solid foundation of features is important (not saying you need tons of features). And of course any features you do have make sure to showcase them in your demo!

Good luck

Thanks for you response and advices, I fixed the issue with the category/date/author post info area in the post, and I also want to know where is the typography issue you can see in the theme

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

Much better , upload and see what happens, now have more chances ..

thanks for Encouraging me :)

74 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Taaz says

Good luck
Thanks for you response and advices, I fixed the issue with the category/date/author post info area in the post, and I also want to know where is the typography issue you can see in the theme

The main typography issue throwing me off is your small paragraph text. I think paragraph text should be very easy on the eyes, no need to squint or zoom, because it’s usually important content that we need to deliver to our viewers. Maybe increase the font size and add some extra line-height and see how that looks.

It seems you have html errors as well, those are important to keep in check.

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

The main typography issue throwing me off is your small paragraph text. I think paragraph text should be very easy on the eyes, no need to squint or zoom, because it’s usually important content that we need to deliver to our viewers. Maybe increase the font size and add some extra line-height and see how that looks. It seems you have html errors as well, those are important to keep in check.
Thanks, I changed it, do you feel it’s better now? what is the html errors you noticed ?
by
by
by
by
by
by