95 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Deriggs007 says

Been a member here for quite a while but never sold nor even bought anything. I just ended up lurking and what not

Think I’m finally going to start “trying” to sell some of my items here and what not. And that being said, I’m looking for some guidance from everyone to make sure my first item I’m going to upload will make it through. If it’s common for it to be rejected, that’s fine—I’ll improve where I can.

I’m a big gamer and I remember when I first started a gaming community, I couldn’t find any good designs or ready-made sites, not even on here (atleast good enough for my likings with the features needed)

So… I made one. Let me know your thoughts and if you feel it’ll make it accepted and what type of rate it’ll sell at if you don’t mind.

www.cerebralgamers.com/cerebralgamers

1. Right now it’s just HTML5 /CSS3—100% Valid

2. It’ll be integrated with Joomla/Wordpress running Community Builder/BuddyPress, Kunena/bbPress and some other extensions to bring out the features of the site.

3. My goal is to make it a 100% ready to install template with everything working 100%

4. It also has a style for vBulletin which you can already see live (includes the icons as well) www.cerebralgamers.com/forum.php

5. Plan on selling the .PSD, the template in valid HTML5 /CSS3 and then selling Joomla/Wordpress as the initial release. In the near future, I plan on releasing the vBulletin 4 Suite package. However, vBulletin was a little more limited to the design aspect than what I initially thought.

Let me know what you think?

95 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Deriggs007 says

Forgot to mention that yes it’s not 100% done. I’m more focused on the design aspect than the code aspect as of right now.

When I initially did it for vBulletin, I hired someone else to code it since I was very limited on time and they did a bad job. Hence the first link, I wanted to redo it all in valid HTML5 /CSS3 and go from there.

470 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Israel
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
virtuti says

Hello, I do not think it will be accepted. It is better to rethink the design concept right now, before you code the rest of pages. Design is too outdated, you need to make something modern and clean. I also think that a game website should not obligatory be black. Wish you good luck in further work!

95 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Deriggs007 says

Hmm.

Thanks for the feedback. I will have to take my chances—I designed it based around what most clan/gaming communities are running with as far as layout goes. It does feel a little outdated compared to a lot of the current news/magazine themes.

However, I felt that there is a certain niche about some gaming designs. There are barely any on ThemeForest outside of game review templates and I feel that out of the recent clan/gaming designs released, mine has a higher quality despite that outdated feel.

I appreciate the advice, I’ll check with what they say before I go off redesigning

22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dzeriho says

hello! the best way to start into themeforest is to make a 5 html templates and struggle to release the first one. don’t go into wordpress/joomla before you’re absolutly sure about the design! i know i’ve done it in past 9 months, 3 wordpress templates no releases. so start easy. as for this design they would never accept it i’m 100% sure about that. and please don’t think it’s a bad idea to leave everything with this design and just spend one month designing the 5 templates i told you about and finding what you can really do. regards!

181 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Turkey
  • Exclusive Author
gokhan214 says

if you wanna work on this template, before everything make the background fixed

95 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Deriggs007 says

Thanks for the feedback so far.

The code side of things is still being worked on and isn’t complete. If you guys are taking into account the code, you shouldn’t. I haven’t done any of the jQuery/Ajax. Haven’t done any of the roll overs, nothing. It’s just a WIP for the programming side of things.

The design finished looks like this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/ultimateclangamer.jpg/

EDIT : The only feedback I’m really receiving aren’t really to tell me what needs to be changed. What needs to be changed, what’s wrong with it compared to other gaming themes? I’m not trying to win any super sells here or trying to win the best website award. I’m trying to provide a template to a certain niche market that ThemeForest barely has and the ones they do have, I feel aren’t of the same quality. It might have an outdated layout, but that’s just what gamers want, sadly.

58 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
PressLayer says

I dont think it’ll be get accepted, it look BRANDED .

284 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
Shellbot says

As a fellow gamer, I agree that this is the layout most clans/communities/whatever do want. No problem there.

That said, I also agree that this template wouldn’t be accepted here. It’s not about the layout, it’s about the design. No real typography to speak of, gloss and metallic effects, the occasional glow, that’s the sort of thing that’s letting you down.

I know most gaming sites do look like this and their users are happy, but (speaking from experience) they tend to be even happier when their site looks more modern and everyone keeps telling them how cool it is, so don’t be afraid to go with a more up to date look! :D

95 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Deriggs007 says

Thanks for the feedback—I might be able to achieve some of the typography and some of the effects through code, hopefully. If not, I’ll scratch the theme and just try to sell it is a unique 1 time sell to someone and then start over.

Also, what about porting it to a vBulletin theme? Think that would be accepted/sell? Won’t take much design work, just integration something like IDEAL vBulletin 4.2 suite theme that has done pretty well so far.

Thanks again

by
by
by
by
by
by