• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
ichurakov says

Hi guys. Today I had conversation (through Comments section) with person who requested support for one of my item. He doesn’t have badge “purchased”, but he said that he sent (through my profile page) license info that belongs to other account. Although I didn’t receive any messages, but let’s imagine that I got one. I asked him to re-login using those account and contact me using those account, but for some reason he can’t do it.

Question. Should I trust such requests?

Hope I described situation objectively. You can check our conversation here (it is public thread in Comments section, so I think I can put link here).

The worst think in this situation is my internal feeling. I want to trust people.

5760 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

In those situations I don’t reply more than once. They could be genuine but our time is equally precious.

305 posts Yes We Can
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
CRIK0VA says

Hi,

Help users with the “purchaser” status only. If he doesn’t have the status, this is not your problem. In our days are a lot of warez sites with our themes for free. A have a lot of similar support requests. Tell theme to contact envato support andask why thebadge is not showing. And only after you will see the badge, give him support.

492 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+3 more
theAlThemist says

Nope – you shouldn’t. There are guys like this all the time. They try if it works and if not – some move away, some trying to use the “1 star rating” intimidating card and than move away etc.

I am dealing with this almost every day. Just keep insisting they use the account they purchased with and everything should be OK.

219 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ichurakov says

Thanks guys. The funniest thing is that I spent more then 2 hours for this conversation, although support usually takes couple minutes. :-)

Another thing that confused me is his badges. His account is more than 5 years old and he purchased 100-499 items. Can this “status” be a reason to trust (or not trust) support requests?

492 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
theAlThemist says

Nope, it’s not a valid reason. Speaks good for him, but doesn’t oblige you to trust. With such an experience on marketplaces he/she would know the rules and how things work here.

5760 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Another thing that confused me is his badges. His account is more than 5 years old and he purchased 100-499 items. Can this “status” be a reason to trust (or not trust) support requests?

Yes, personally I would trust based on it.

I think the actual problem with these scenario’s are time wasted on both the ends. Would be wiser to answer their support question or just ignore them quickly (without further reply). I see that’s how a free support system can work efficiently.

219 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
ichurakov says

Thanks guys. I appreciate your opinions. Hope such situations will happen rarely.

403 posts Keep Walking
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

Personally I wouldn’t trust until I can prove that he is a buyer by either his “purchase” badge or verifying his purchase code (you can install Dashboard Plus extension for the purchase code verification feature right on the author dashboard).

I see that you told him your email in the comment. Did he send you again the purchasing info?

492 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
theAlThemist says

I wouldn’t trust a purchase code outside a system which only allow a single registration per license code.

The codes are spread over Internet together with the warez copies of the themes. They tried this with me too, but fortunately I know the buyer which key they used so it didn’t work for them.

Only buyers badge, mail sent via profile page form or registration with license key (on a system which prevents more than one registration with the same key). Everything else goes to into the non-verified category.

by
by
by
by
by
by