235 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
ichurakov says

(you can install Dashboard Plus extension for the purchase code verification feature right on the author dashboard). I see that you told him your email in the comment. Did he send you again the purchasing info?
Thank you for advise. I’ll try this extension. Regarding purchasing info. I never got info from him. But, even if I get one, this info belongs to another Envato account (according to his words) and, as theAlThemist said, it can be found on warez sites.
1752 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

He has 5 years+, more than 100 items purchased, I doubt he’s scamming you, I usually just ask for the purchase code and that works, I haven’t yet seen a purchase code being shared on warez websites. It would make the process of finding the users that do this pretty easy and they would probably get banned by Envato

1216 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

He has 5 years+, more than 100 items purchased, I doubt he’s scamming you, I usually just ask for the purchase code and that works, I haven’t yet seen a purchase code being shared on warez websites. It would make the process of finding the users that do this pretty easy and they would probably get banned by Envato

+1 In such situation, I’ll trust the user. He’s a good customer in our marketplaces and he has the purchase code. So why not? If I was you, I would help him…

235 posts
+5 more
ichurakov says

Thanks guys for your opinion. Another problem is that I never saw purchase code. He said that he sent it to me, but I never received any message from him. (I even gave him my direct e-mail – no results).

Probably the issue is related to problem with sending messages through profile. I remember such topic here, but can’t find one. Moreover I had similar problem couple months ago. In both cases people had yahoo e-mails. May be gmail (where my mailbox is) has some problems with e-mails coming from yahoo. I don’t know…

1216 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Thanks guys for your opinion. Another problem is that I never saw purchase code. He said that he sent it to me, but I never received any message from him. (I even gave him my direct e-mail – no results). Probably the issue is related to problem with sending messages through profile. I remember such topic here, but can’t find one. Moreover I had similar problem couple months ago. In both cases people had yahoo e-mails. May be gmail (where my mailbox is) has some problems with e-mails coming from yahoo. I don’t know…

OOT: There is always a problem with Yahoo mail not Gmail ;)

175 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
GDragoN says

If purchase code he sent you belongs to his other account, why not ask question through that account, why using different accounts in the first place, and mix them like this?

235 posts
+5 more
ichurakov says

If purchase code he sent you belongs to his other account, why not ask question through that account, why using different accounts in the first place, and mix them like this?
I asked him about that several times. He answered:
The person that purchase this file is away and is not around via a PC at this time.
7314 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

user get angry when asked to do some simple clear stuff that will allow you to give him full support.

more clear than this.

330 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
DOGmotion says

Thanks guys. The funniest thing is that I spent more then 2 hours for this conversation, although support usually takes couple minutes. :-) Another thing that confused me is his badges. His account is more than 5 years old and he purchased 100-499 items. Can this “status” be a reason to trust (or not trust) support requests?

No it’s not the reason to trust.
Here is the story that happened to me several month ago:

A user with 100-499 purchased items mailed me. He asked for support and knew such things that only buyer could know. But I saw he had not bought my item. So I pointed this to him. After that I had immediate sale of this item. And his answer: “Sorry, I forget to purchase it.” Ok. But he had my files before purchase! And who know.. If he had no issues he would buy my files or not?
I help him… But after that I will never trust these guys with 10000 billion purchases.

5905 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

... But I saw he had not bought my item. So I pointed this to him. After that I had immediate sale of this item. And his answer: “Sorry, I forget to purchase it.” Ok. But he had my files before purchase!

I faced this once. Whatever may be the case, I see the worst loss we face are due to spending time on support rather than missing purchases. Missing purchases are rare cases that’s ok but losing time on unnecessary support seems to be consistent and inevitable.

by
by
by
by
by
by