• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
FlatKing says

I got an email from Microsoft about Bingiton you do a search and it compares google and bing and you have to pick what results you prefer;

These where my results:
  • GOOGLE
  • GOOGLE
  • GOOGLE
  • GOOGLE
  • GOOGLE
5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

never used it

97 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
gubernat says

I use only the Google

339 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
joshhunsaker says

If I use anything from Microsoft at all these days it’s either because I’m required to for my work or there simply is no other option. They aren’t exactly making smart decisions these days anymore (with the sole exception of at least ousting Balmer).

i.e. Windows 8 should never have existed. It was a useless and horrifyingly obvious money grab. With a company that would perpetuate that, of course bing sucks. Google proved that they were even stealing results directly from google in the past.

Looking at that website, the sheer desperation of microsoft to try to prove anything at all about their poor little bing service in such a way reeks of the reaction of a sad floundering group of talentless hacks, struggling to scream at an indifferent world that they really are “something cool” by accomplishing the marketing equivalent of putting on stunner shades and popping their collars.

In the end, it’s some group of bloated 40 year olds at a club trying to pick up women half their age, all looking woefully out of place and only wishing they had any relevance to the hipster scene that’s been stumbled into. Poor microsoft. They really need to stop doing drugs and grow up like a big company.

Oh? Bing has a new homepage everyday and google doesn’t? And somehow we’ve defined that small useless tweak as “better”?

There there microsoft… it’s time to take your medicine and lie back down, you’ve had a big day what with all your complaining to the other residents and walking aimlessly down the halls making a noise or two. There you good. Good good. Okay, get some rest you’ve got a big operation tomorrow.

65 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
windyhill says

I use duckduckgo.com I’m not a fan of google as a company. They’re not the good guys.

441 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
ZozoUI says

I will google it.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
infoholico says

Google is the best search engine to this day… but they turned to evil, so I’m using privacy concerned search engines, there are some alternatives…

· DuckDuckGo

• Pros: open-source, nice UI, good Ideas.
  • Cons: often have poor results, DDG uses Yahoo as main results provider.

· Ixquick:

• Pros: they have their own search engine & compares their results with other search engines, giving you a rating of it’s own result.
  • Cons: UI is ugly, privative.

· Startpage: (it’s another Search engine from Ixquick)

• Pros: Offers you GOOGLE results. (acting like a proxy)
  • Cons: Ugly UI, Privative.

I try DDG from time to time to see if they have beter results, but until now I use my Privacy-friendly Google, aka. Startpage.

Note: these search engines are privacy-concerned, they don’t log your IP, they don’t share your data, you can allow cookies or not therefore they have another option from saving your preferences, NSA can’t see what did you search in these pages…

159 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
s4nji says

Google is the best search engine to this day… but they turned to evil, so I’m using privacy concerned search engines, there are some alternatives…

· DuckDuckGo

• Pros: open-source, nice UI, good Ideas.
  • Cons: often have poor results, DDG uses Yahoo as main results provider.

· Ixquick:

• Pros: they have their own search engine & compares their results with other search engines, giving you a rating of it’s own result.
  • Cons: UI is ugly, privative.

· Startpage: (it’s another Search engine from Ixquick)

• Pros: Offers you GOOGLE results. (acting like a proxy)
  • Cons: Ugly UI, Privative.

I try DDG from time to time to see if they have beter results, but until now I use my Privacy-friendly Google, aka. Startpage.

Note: these search engines are privacy-concerned, they don’t log your IP, they don’t share your data, you can allow cookies or not therefore they have another option from saving your preferences, NSA can’t see what did you search in these pages…

I did a comparison between DDG, Yahoo, and Google web search results, and DDG search results are same with Google’s.

1185 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+1 more
tommusrhodus says

GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE

Great job MS :sarcasm:

238 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

Microsoft needs to improve that shitty bing thing before I use it.. Tried it, really did but I just kept thinking “google this, google that so much better”

by
by
by
by
by
by