3 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
westicide says

I have browsed many, many themes here and I’m wondering if something like this exists.

I want my site to have a grid on the home page with lots of products, and then on the nav bar different categories that just have more grids with items. Each ‘square’ on the grid will have a thumbnail of a picture of the item, the price, maybe a short description.

Now I know these themes exist here, but I don’t want my site to have a shopping cart or a page where they click the item and get details. I just want them to click the thumbnail and be directly linked via my affiliate link to the actual site where the product is sold (amazon).

So no shopping cart, no description page, just linked directly to amazon (or other site that sells the product)

In a sense, it’s almost exactly like thisiswhyimbroke.com

Does a theme exist, or is this something that has to be heavily customized? And if so, is it possible to make for someone like me who has almost no knowledge of coding?

812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

Well I guess this wouldn’t even need an ecommerce section. It’s just a site that l.inks to affiliate sites. So… yeah, you can do this straight out of wordpress?

Are we on the same page?

3 posts
westicide says

I suppose…but I can’t find a theme that presents it the way I want to. It’s multiple different products, like check out www.thisiswhyimbroke.com.

The theme is a simple wordpress one but COMPLETELY modified. That’s how I want to promote my products

Or how about this, the theme ‘Sellegance’. If I could get rid of the Shopping Cart and instead of ‘Add to Cart’ it just said ‘See Item’ and linked to amazon or whatever, it’d be perfect

812 posts
  • Exclusive Author
iamthwee says

Hmm, not sure if you’ll find something like that.

I guess, maybe you could use an Ecommerce plugin, but somehow mod it so buy now li.nks to a url as opposed to the shopping cart.

I’m sure it’s possible. That way you have the pictures with thumbnails on the bottom. Much like any eCommerce theme. Failing that you may need to paid someone for bespoke customization.

Well, that’s my thoughts.

3 posts
westicide says

Hmm, ok thanks for the help. Anyone else?

4 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
AHorihuela says

Looks like it does exist: www.thisiswhyimbroketheme.com

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
maybelene says

Looking for an exactly same theme as AHorihuela, would appreciate it very much if someone could come up with a tip or solution, since im stuck and cant find anything on the web..

Best regards!

3 posts
maybelene says

Anyone? Must be a such template/theme out there, comeon!

3 posts
maybelene says

Have checked, it may be and option but searching for more examples ( if there are any), i guess you are using it, is it nice?

3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
jagonly says

If I’m not mistaken, http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com is using wordpress theme called ProSense and with plugin Infinite Scrolling. That website is heavily customized. So I guess if you still insist to make your site like that, my best guess is cloning the site will get the job done. But that’s require a lot of work and time.

by
by
by
by
by
by