(Locked) Does adding new features and page layouts to an existing theme leads to a theme price increase?

37 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Osetin says

I have HTML Template that I’ve submitted a week ago and the price was set to $16 by the reviewer, however since then I’ve added additional PSD and am thinking of adding extra pages and layouts to it. Can I expect a price of the template to be increased after that? Site Template: Theme Venera

3007 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

In general, from i have seen, a big factor is the quality of the design and the layout of the theme. Not the features. There are themes, wordpress themes, with a lot of features, but mediocre design with $40 price tag, and themes with a good design, and no features to compare to the other one, and they are priced at $50. I can give you the clear example over mail, as i cannot call names here.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
horizontall says

This post is now more than one year old. I was wondering the same. Is there a possibility of increasing the item price if added more functionality and new features? Any real case of this? Thanks

5386 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

That would really depend on what was added and the Reviewers. If you can be detailed on what you’re going to ask, you can always open a Support ticket – http://support.envato.com/ Thanks!

by
by
by
by
by
by