136 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Raspo says

Most of the template do not use image slicing for the hover-effect… ...but why?

HTML validation, browser compatibility are very important, but also sliced images!

What do you think?

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I’m not sure what this means. Image slicing for a hover-effect? Do you mean loading a different background image when a user hovers over a button??

136 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Raspo says

Oh my! So sorry I meant Sprites!!!!

I’m so embarrassed… i was working on photoshop today and i get confused! Very confused… i wrote it three times! XD

Now i’m pretty sure sprite is the right word….sorry

Edit please?

2019 posts Review Manager
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I do but it depends on the project and how the element will be built.

951 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

I use sprites :)

For my new portfolio, all my headings are in one file, and each one has its own class, so I only have to specify the position :)

159 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in Europe
+1 more
peex says

I’m using sprites too. What is the point of this topic? I don’t get it :S

136 posts
+2 more
Raspo says

The point is: there are many high-quality template that don’t use image sprites and when you hover (example) a button, this one disappear for a moment… horrible! I thought this should not happen on template like that

That’s it

478 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

I use sprites for like buttons with hover and extra long elements that needs spanning according to the info within it. I will not use sprites for navigation unless its a personal site for myself. Because, that’ll make it hard on buyers to edit /add or delete navigation options.

by
by
by
by
by
by