529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
AmandaHackwith says

I want to reiterate Musicformedia’s comments and MBMedia’s concerns about consistency. It’s a constant balancing act between consistency and speed for any creative marketplace. :)

At GraphicRiver, we aim for a 24-48 hour turn around, but sometimes it can take 72 hours if we are short on reviewers or there are files held over the weekend for a special issue. That’s still quite impressive considering the average wait time of many stock sites is over a week, and that we get anywhere from 40 to (occasionally) over a hundred submissions a day!

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says

haha! very interesting thread :)

where are Lance, Mark and Joel? ;)

900 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

Definitely must be a difficult one for GR reviewers, a very subjective job which i dont envy. Like MB Media said, the less reviewers the better, more consistency unfortunately that means a sacrifice of a longer approval rate but i think in the long run its worth it, as it still beats any other market place upload time

:)

1234 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says
At GraphicRiver, we aim for a 24-48 hour turn around, but sometimes it can take 72 hours if we are short on reviewers

Wait… and their complaining about this? That’s damn good.

3559 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says
At GraphicRiver, we aim for a 24-48 hour turn around, but sometimes it can take 72 hours if we are short on reviewers
Wait… and their complaining about this? That’s damn good.
We wait 4-5 days here :D but no one is complaining …. except a few from time to time :D
33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Enru_Chem says

Again, I’m not complaining. Just thought I was showing a point on the site where there might have been a weakness.

Now, I realize I’m wrong (and maybe just a little spoiled), it actually is a fast turnaround, compared to other sites.

I do realize you get a faster response from the Envato Team if you just post a Thread (or search an existing ones) with your problem.

Thanks again for being very helpful.

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says
@Enru – Just to clarify, ThemeForest very rarely goes over the 24 hour turn-around time. If we do, it might be on the weekends; but generally speaking, we’re quite efficient! :)

I think this is just one of those cases where people won’t be satisfied until there is nearly instantaneous review feedback. So many people gripe about the rare cases when they go over the 24 hour review process, but the fact is that even a 48 or 72 hour review process is still ahead of the curve considering similar sites – and the fact that you generally get substantive feedback (not robot emails) that help to improve the quality of work in a timely manner is the same exact level of service that I get from top level art directors at major studios.

I’m actually pretty shocked that the initial post complained about a lengthy response… it’s intended to be a helpful process that improves the overall quality of the products on the site, not an expedited “let’s accept any old design that’s submitted” machine. If quality on the site drops, so will sales. It’s the reviewers’ (and the company’s) prerogative to take their time and conduct reviews properly.

I totally understand the moments of anxiety and excitement as you wait for your review, but chill out folks – grab a beer and go have a good time while you wait for your review. Watching water boil won’t speed it up. Quality reviews take time. And when you get the rejection letter (which you will – I get rejected 1-3 times on average – just treat it as part of the design process), take the feedback in stride and use it to make your work better – don’t drop a new rant thread on the forum (and I should note that this original post by Enru WASN ’T the type of rant post that I’m talking about – it was actually quite thoughtful).

That said, the upload & review process can be improved, and the moderators have assured us that they are taking all of these issues into account for the upcoming redesign. Could Envato put more reviewers on staff? Sure! But it might also require them to compromise review quality & consistency as well as the Envato culture if they grow their reviewer staff too quickly. Until we hit a 7 day review process, I suspect that we should all let the site continue to grow at a healthy rate if we want a sustainable marketplace to sell our work in in the future.

3868 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
flashjunkie says

:)

1234 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says
If quality on the site drops, so will sales.

Just want to take the time to plus a f#$%^ing trillion on this point…

+100000000000000

3216 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says
@Enru – Just to clarify, ThemeForest very rarely goes over the 24 hour turn-around time. If we do, it might be on the weekends; but generally speaking, we’re quite efficient! :)

I think this is just one of those cases where people won’t be satisfied until there is nearly instantaneous review feedback. So many people gripe about the rare cases when they go over the 24 hour review process, but the fact is that even a 48 or 72 hour review process is still ahead of the curve considering similar sites – and the fact that you generally get substantive feedback (not robot emails) that help to improve the quality of work in a timely manner is the same exact level of service that I get from top level art directors at major studios.

I’m actually pretty shocked that the initial post complained about a lengthy response… it’s intended to be a helpful process that improves the overall quality of the products on the site, not an expedited “let’s accept any old design that’s submitted” machine. If quality on the site drops, so will sales. It’s the reviewers’ (and the company’s) prerogative to take their time and conduct reviews properly.

I totally understand the moments of anxiety and excitement as you wait for your review, but chill out folks – grab a beer and go have a good time while you wait for your review. Watching water boil won’t speed it up. Quality reviews take time. And when you get the rejection letter (which you will – I get rejected 1-3 times on average – just treat it as part of the design process), take the feedback in stride and use it to make your work better – don’t drop a new rant thread on the forum (and I should note that this original post by Enru WASN ’T the type of rant post that I’m talking about – it was actually quite thoughtful).

That said, the upload & review process can be improved, and the moderators have assured us that they are taking all of these issues into account for the upcoming redesign. Could Envato put more reviewers on staff? Sure! But it might also require them to compromise review quality & consistency as well as the Envato culture if they grow their reviewer staff too quickly. Until we hit a 7 day review process, I suspect that we should all let the site continue to grow at a healthy rate if we want a sustainable marketplace to sell our work in in the future.

Dang Straight. Post of the day right here folks.. so far :D

by
by
by
by
by
by