1125 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

please be cool with other users…. and be polite.

It might be annoying for users to complain, but there is no need for harsh words.

@jonathan01: great site you have created there. Is a great idea that should be implemented by envato for the marketplaces.

33 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Enru_Chem says

@jonathan01 [insert applause here] ;)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

When i say one of my subs was rejected several times and each time with a different reason, i pointed to something very different…to the fact that people reviewing the submission have no idea of eachother and their reply to the author as they all point to some different reason of rejection. It is not me that my creation sucks, search on GR under business cards and then check based on sales part. The first business card template on top is not more “complex” or “unique” than what i have submited. Then i get blaimed lastly, my design is now rejected with reason “very simple design” after several other reasons pointed by other reviewers. Now to me nothing else is left as to think as i described, my design is not simple and i am sure there will be buyers interested with as is similar in nature to the “top seller” under business cards. Why then my design get marked as “simple” and get declined when a similar one makes the “top sales”...just coz i am new at the marketplace?...again, i am not compaining, but now after all this posts i feel the need to clarify my self. I am not a student with a crappy laptop, opposite, for almost 12 years in the design industry with ton of agency and then independed freelancer experiences, i know what art is worth and what not and this is something i very much take attention on while i create stuff.

As to authors who have remarkable amound of sales already here, this doesnt make you any better than a new commer, the only difference is i just start to submit some stuff and you (some of the “old club guys”) come before me (and some other great artists)...so better watch out as we are on your neck dudes :-)

Then to the question of this thread…in that case, yes, envato need more reviewers and this reviewrs need to be responsible for a specific branche of products, so that the expertise speaks and only stuff that deserves to be listed get available on the marketplace. This is not to make their own work more complex and costly, oposite, to improve the quality of products…if thats really what the administration is looking for…cheers :-)

346 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
musicformedia says

Quick question to people in relation to things that have been uploaded 3 times and rejected each time for a different reason. Do you include the feedback from the previous reviewer in your comments when uploading? ie. tell whatever reviewer is reviewing your file what the previous reviewer said to change, and that you have changed it. They may be a little less likely to reject (although that depends on the file) – but it would also show them how many times it has been rejected. Eg.

First upload: Reviewer x said: “Fix xxx” – I have done that Second upload: Reviewer x said “Fix xxx” – I have now done that

If I was a reviewer and I saw that, I would be slightly more lenient in regards to approving/rejecting it. Maybe not more lenient, but at least you could reply to the author saying something like “I’m sorry to reject this for the third time, and for another reason but…”

I think a lot of people get annoyed as the reviewers don’t seem to know how many times it has been rejected, and dont show any sympathy/empathy. I’ve never had this problem, as audiojungle is generally a lot easier obviously – but its just a thought :)

Hell…maybe its a stupid one lol :)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says

I do not include the feedback from the previous review…if i know i am allowed to paste their repplies here, you can see for your self how funny is the situation…the last reason of rejection was the best, after i improved the submission 2 times and submit back, at the end i get rejected for 3dh time with reason:

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria

Unfortunately, the design of this business card is too simple for inclusion in our library. Thank you for taking the time to upload content to GraphicRiver.

reviewer name

...funny enough?

84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
Creative32 says

This post is so melodramatic. A simple problem that needs a complicated solution shouldn’t have posts that talk about an entirely different problem to do with reviews and students with crappy laptops…

... I am not a student with a crappy laptop, opposite, for almost 12 years in the design industry with ton of agency and then independed freelancer experiences, i know what art is worth and what not and this is something i very much take attention on while i create stuff…

But anyways, I agree, sometimes its a little intense having to wait so long to see if your theme got approved, but think about all the perspectives! What would a reviewer think, seeing 25 -100 themes piled for them to review…

Maybe its time we stop complaining, stop ranting, stop being reactive. Start being proactive! Envato does a great job here, but if high expectations are what this company grew from, then its high expectations that Envato should aim for.

Just my two cents… :)

Cheers,

Q (Creative32)

988 posts
+4 more
thomas07 says
... Maybe its time we stop complaining, stop ranting, stop being reactive. Start being proactive! Envato does a great job here, but if high expectations are what this company grew from, then its high expectations that Envato should aim for. Just my two cents… :) Cheers, Q (Creative32)

We are not saying something different and no one is complaining as already stated, we discuss what can be improved to make this marketplace better. The question was asked simply…now the different opinions will flow and this is normal, other wise this thread will be remining as monologue. If my posts appear as ranting, i am sory for that…just clearing my self, thats it…peace :-)

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Just wanted to clarify http://reviewmydesign.net is NOT my site – I just enjoy using it very much and think it’s a very useful tool and is all created by an author on TF who’s name is – simnor – http://themeforest.net/user/simnor

Thanks.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

On another note – wouldn’t it be a far simpler solution that if a proper system was in place when a file is uploaded that the reviewer who touches the file first and rejects basically stays with that file to ensure his recorded points are followed thru rather than bouncing from one reviewer to another? Then there could be a history of that file – authors remarks and reviewers comments – seems like a fairly easy thing to implement – basically it would be just like my solution I run for clients work?

Just a thought. :)

292 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Australia
Ezza says
On another note – wouldn’t it be a far simpler solution that if a proper system was in place when a file is uploaded that the reviewer who touches the file first and rejects basically stays with that file to ensure his recorded points are followed thru rather than bouncing from one reviewer to another?

One issue I can see with doing this is that the time to review when you re-upload would then increase, as you would have to wait until the same reviewer was available to review your file. The idea certainly has merit though.

by
by
by
by
by
by