381 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
redfactory says

To be honest, I think this is really smart. If you can sell something like this to someone who is actually happy with it, I say “well done sir, well done”. In my business I’m sometimes surprised by the level of design clients are ok with. At some point in a design project we delivered some wireframes to make sure everything was in the right place. The client replied that this was indeed so, and if we changed the gray areas to another color, everything would be just fine… If I wouldnt have said anything at that point I would have sold the guy wireframes…

Good thing I have my pride and want to build up a top notch portfolio ;)

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
bigrosslabs says

Ooooooooh! That is one sexy website! If only I could make something THAT good. You cannot beat it! I mean, it uses sweet fonts and everything is just perfect! I bet that is HTML5 Valid.

Ok, enough with the jokes… This is sad. “Kids” with internet access and a cracked copy of Dreamweaver, should not build websites. As we are finally seeing (most) websites catching up with the times now, people are just adding more garbage to internet. It is really a waste of internet space. I mean honestly, I could smack my “junk” on the keyboard for 15 minutes in Dreamweaver and produce something better than that.

BUT ! I have a solution. Adobe, I am going to write you a letter with a link to this “wonderful” website. Hopefully it will give you a good enough reason to remove the “Design” tab in Dreamweaver.

1031 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+10 more
Parallelus says
I mean honestly, I could smack my “junk” on the keyboard for 15 minutes in Dreamweaver and produce something better than that.

Prove it.

[ barely able to stop laughing long enough to reply! ]

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Philippines
FLiTz says

hey kid you will have a false future.

1182 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says
I mean honestly, I could smack my “junk” on the keyboard for 15 minutes in Dreamweaver and produce something better than that.

Prove it.

[ barely able to stop laughing long enough to reply! ]

Grey background, with a place for a logo, nice heading using museo, 2 paragraphs and a simple sidebar, will look 5x better than that. And it will take 15 mins

But a client from hell can ruin it, just by saying “Can you change the heading to Comic Sans?” :D

1429 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
kailoon Envato team says

To be honest, I think we all can at least learn something from this story. design isn’t everything, get the deal done is the most important part in freelancing. That’s the real world.

Recently I have a similar case. I send the client the first mock, which I really don’t like it and it is done in 3 hours. After I send him the first mock, I start the second mock ( without request ). After 14 hours of works, I finally get something I like and I post it on dribbble and get a lot of good feedbacks and likes. So, I am very proud to send it to the client.

Guess what? “I prefer the first mock, please proceed from there and implement the changes I stated in the email”.

From that moment, I know the type of client I am dealing with. So, what I can do is simply activate ‘zombie’ mode. Follow the instruction and get it done, then, get the payment.

If you are passionate about design, go ahead and put double efforts. But do not expect others ( clients ) will appreciate it like what you can imagine. If they do not appreciate it, forget about it and move on.

I think we should try our best to provide the best for the clients, if they don’t like it, it is up to them. But at least we try, so we will not be regretted after that.

Just my 2 cents.

1182 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says
From that moment, I know the type of client I am dealing with. So, what I can do is simply activate ‘zombie’ mode. Follow the instruction and get it done, then, get the payment.

I agree with you here. Always do only what the client asks. I’ve had clients make me make designs i wouldn’t even wanna put under my portfolio (or even show it to someone as my work). But hey, he paid, and i delivered. He was happy! That’s the important part.

But here, $700 for that? I’d still call it a rip off :D

75 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in India
onlycode says

no comments :P

688 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rg_ says

But, what about laws against child labors?

This is bad, not for the design, not for the code, is bad just because children must play in the park with other childs, they shouldn´t work.

Like someone points on comments notice:

Everybody wants to buy their shoes from China, their shirts from Bangladesh, and their websites from the neighborhood kids, then they wonder why we don’t have an economy where normal people can buy a house, raise kids, and pay for health insurance without both parents working two jobs.
2057 posts
    Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
Landonw says
But, what about laws against child labors?

This is bad, not for the design, not for the code, is bad just because children must play in the park with other childs, they shouldn´t work.

Like someone points on comments notice:

Everybody wants to buy their shoes from China, their shirts from Bangladesh, and their websites from the neighborhood kids, then they wonder why we don’t have an economy where normal people can buy a house, raise kids, and pay for health insurance without both parents working two jobs.

Exactly, you’re not allowed to work under 14, and at 14 only 3 hours a day on school days or days that have a school day the following day.

Also, I love the fact that the kids are like, yeah, it was really easy, no big deal… Of course it was easy, it sucks!

by
by
by
by
by
by