24 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
Chaze says

For what I know, the charity organizations in my country keep a lot of money for the holidays of their CEO. So nope, I’m not going to vote for this.

480 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

I don’t think children without water in Africa really cares about if you make more sales. If they get more charity, the better. I guess if that floats your boat, you don’t opt-in, its simple.
You’re really misinterpreting my words man. Do your charity, but don’t brag or use it to gain anything.

+1 Charity is supposed to be that not something to brag about

It doesn’t matter if you donate $10 or $1000 it doesn’t make you a better person it just means you donated more

288 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
themeflame says

I don’t think children without water in Africa really cares about if you make more sales. If they get more charity, the better. I guess if that floats your boat, you don’t opt-in, its simple.
You’re really misinterpreting my words man. Do your charity, but don’t brag or use it to gain anything.

Exactly what Ruben said.

I can assure you that it feels a lot better to keep it to yourself. But once again – a business is a business and money is everything for it, I wouldn’t blame somebody for using such a technique – I disagree with it personally, but objectively, if it works then it was a good move and I shall acknowledge that decision as a good one.

Cheers.

1352 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Did you guys read this?

Then you can scratch the front page part. Contributing some percentage of items of author who opt-in, without any gain.

What do you think?

Who said anything about bragging?

288 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
themeflame says

Did you guys read this?
Then you can scratch the front page part. Contributing some percentage of items of author who opt-in, without any gain.

What do you think?

Who said anything about bragging?

Wasn’t accusing, was just repeating Ruben’s point of view to solidate it even more – thoroughly read your posts.

In that case – I think it would be a good decision aswell, definitely up for it. ;)

Cheers.

480 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

Feel free to put a “Buy this theme and we donate 10%” banner below your items but that’s completely up to you.

I don’t want to get penalised because I’d prefer to donate my money in other ways instead of taking a cut out of my sales.

309 posts Mad Dog
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
mad_dog says

I don’t like this idea. The donation should be done in other ways

264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says

I don’t like it either. If you want to donate, go ahead but why feel the need for a marketplace to implement this option when you can take 1% from your earnings and donate privately within a few seconds? Seems kinda strange to me.

by
by
by
by
by
by