1470 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I’ve bought a few things from Themeforest and Codecanyon and I think the Programmers and Designers on here do a great job with the product and the support that goes along with it (most of them anyway). There are many times where I’ve read comments where customers are very satisfied with the product and would have paid twice as much for the same product. Myself included…

What if each author had a donation option? I think this would be a great way for authors to get rewarded from customers that are happy enough to donate just a little extra. You could even take it a step further, and create a donation badge that shows how much they have donated, or just show that they are a donator.

What does everyone else think?

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says
I’ve bought a few things from Themeforest and Codecanyon and I think the Programmers and Designers on here do a great job with the product and the support that goes along with it (most of them anyway). There are many times where I’ve read comments where customers are very satisfied with the product and would have paid twice as much for the same product. Myself included…

What if each author had a donation option? I think this would be a great way for authors to get rewarded from customers that are happy enough to donate just a little extra. You could even take it a step further, and create a donation badge that shows how much they have donated, or just show that they are a donator.

Some authors already put donation buttons on their profiles and items.

3960 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says

The idea is not bad, and thereby to stimulate the authors to work a lot better, and on the other hand the money from donations could be used for new plugins, software, etc … In any case, great!

738 posts Plastic it's fantastic:))
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
plastic3 says

I think, this is very good idea! And some of these funds could go to the needs of Audiojungle…

1470 posts
+3 more
WebSmacker says
The idea is not bad, and thereby to stimulate the authors to work a lot better, and on the other hand the money from donations could be used for new plugins, software, etc … In any case, great!

New features and plugins would be great incentive for donations! Good thinking

1470 posts
+3 more
WebSmacker says

I noticed that, but a built in donation system would be that much better. I think the donation badge would be the main benefit of having envato implement it. Also, envato having the stats of donations could benefit them whether it be new contests, or an author badge that says “Over 1,000 in donations” for example.

3960 posts After Effects Templates
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
miseld says
New features and plugins would be great incentive for donations! Good thinking

I hope that others think so. For me the goal is not to spend money that I earned, but that it invest in something that would make me much more …

413 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
altinkum says

its a great idea and also would be nice get some refund from unsupported themes like Maximus files because one of the top seller and not supported.

Donations to good aurthor always will be good and bring better service maybe bec some authors has a great support and sometimes never have worry to buy themes from it.

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Exactly…..

Another way to do this, is purchase the item again…I do this when I’m very happy with the file.

4351 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Great idea!

by
by
by
by
by