6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Converting work into money/gain is an art – feels good and a working strategy for 1000s of years. I don’t know about stock investments but remember hearing one expert advice on that: That is nothing different from any job. Research is also a job – you get paid for that!

@SBJEWEL, from what I understood from your post, you didn’t invest on a job where you are skilled. That’s the exact mistake.

1478 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
LumenMedia says
Agree with you. Too risky way to earn money. I decided to invest in better quality of my production – bought monitors, audo interface from my Audiojungle income.

Yeah that’s right; I call this Stroke Market not Stock Market. Guys don’t invest your hard working money in stock exchange market. Best would be if you spend your money for your family; for buying your favorite things etc. Man… I invested my all money in Stock Market; which i earned from 99designs and Envato and some from my dad and some loan. I thought; i will make double from my investment. But now all shares are half at price. :( My life sucks. I could buy a bike, laptop, tablet and more things from those money. Man i am so stupid. Just take my advice; don’t invest anywhere without knowing everything about that business. sbjewel
844 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

A stop loss is a must if you invest in the market.
All i see is just loss; loss and loss, when comes the profit ?

I don’t know how much money you’ve lost (and I don’t wanna know, that’s not the point) but according to the stuff you listed as potential stuff you could’ve bought, I’d say that the amount is not that big. By this I don’t mean to insult or anything, I know that it is a big amount for you, since you had to take loans etc, but my point is that you have good items here which show quality. Stay clear-minded, work more, upload stuff here, do freelancing, and you’ll recover I’m sure.

The main thing I’d like to point out to you – and that’s why I mentioned the amount of money in the first place – is that it’s not all loss loss loss, as you say. I believe you’ve gained a lot of experience, you should be wiser man now.

As others stated above – invest in yourself: attend courses, buy equipment, enjoy life (the most important thing in order not to lose creativity). I hope you’ll come into balance and recover from this loss soon ;)
It’s ok mate… Thanks for your advice. :) Here is a hint for you… ;) For recovering my loss i need to win some contest on 99designs and Silver Paw here asap. I know it’s not too much. But for me it’s huge. Not a rich boy. :P I am working on some of my items now. Hope i will recover soon. :)
107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

And here I am planning to give stock market a try, hmm, what to do…

Well, I am planning to use really low amounts for starters. I guess all you have to do is use money you don’t depend on. As far as I know the shares always remain, only the prices fluctuate. Therefore if you can manage to wait for years if necessary, your share prices may go up again one day.

Btw, I was wondering if you bought the shares of only one single company. My dad lost money that way as well years ago, so maybe one should buy shares from different companies and wait for any of them to raise. Of course in order to gain serious amounts this way, you need to have lots of spare money.

844 posts
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

Things are not black and white, you can invest but money you afford to loose, there are people who make money on stocks too.

I know; but those people might have connections; i had none :(

844 posts
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

So sorry to hear that. I guess it’s true what some say, never invest the money you depend on in stock. It’s like investing into a slot machine. Hope everything will turn out ok for you!
Lets hope. Thanks :)
844 posts
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

I thought; i will make double from my investment.

Sorry to hear your troubles, Sbjewel!

The safest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your pocket ;)

Ha ha.. so funny :P

844 posts
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

Converting work into money/gain is an art – feels good and a working strategy for 1000s of years. I don’t know about stock investments but remember hearing one expert advice on that: That is nothing different from any job. Research is also a job – you get paid for that! @SBJEWEL, from what I understood from your post, you didn’t invest on a job where you are skilled. That’s the exact mistake.
I realized already… Thanks :)
844 posts
+2 more
SBJEWEL says

And here I am planning to give stock market a try, hmm, what to do…

Well, I am planning to use really low amounts for starters. I guess all you have to do is use money you don’t depend on. As far as I know the shares always remain, only the prices fluctuate. Therefore if you can manage to wait for years if necessary, your share prices may go up again one day.

Btw, I was wondering if you bought the shares of only one single company. My dad lost money that way as well years ago, so maybe one should buy shares from different companies and wait for any of them to raise. Of course in order to gain serious amounts this way, you need to have lots of spare money.

I am keeping those now. Maybe i will average them again. But not going to sell those now. I have only two shares now. Both are sucks. :( not going to buy new one… :p Thanks.

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

I have only two shares now. Both are sucks. :( not going to buy new one… ;P

Thanks for letting me know. At least you are smarter than my dad. Years ago he lost a couple of thousand and guess what, he bought shares of the same company 2 months ago :D The value is close but lower than what he payed for so he can’t sell them soon. Similarly, it is not spare money he is investing. He never learns from mistakes :D What upsets me is he never asks our opinion…

by
by
by
by
by
by