82 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mehrpadin says

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if we could have some statistics from TF, for example how many templates sold over 100 times, how many authors ever sold a template, how many authors work with commissions over 40 percent, how many buyers bought over 10 files, and such.

Anyone else interested? basically it needs some simple SQL queries so not a difficult thing to do for TF.

Regards,

3131 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Yeh I’d like to know these type of things too, I could probably figure out some from the “top sellers” but some general stats would be good. I’d love to give up my day job and make files full time if I can make enough money, knowing some stats might make it easier to plan for….

2722 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says
I was wondering if we could have some statistics from TF, for example how many templates sold over 100 times…

Try sorting results by sales count as per the example below. :)

http://themeforest.net/category/psd-templates?order=desc&sort_by=sales_count

753 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
AdamGold says

What about who is logged in, who is watching in the topic etc. ?

2722 posts
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says
What about who is logged in, who is watching in the topic etc. ?

That’s probably a privacy nightmare that most people would not want to participate in. :)

82 posts
mehrpadin says
@Dtbaker:
knowing some stats might make it easier to plan for….

Exactly, me too.

@Scotwills: Yeah, thanks, that’s nice too, at least shows that only 46 out of 260 WP themes sold over 100 copies, which is not good IMHO . (Each theme is average 20 bucks, so the author gets 8 bucks, thusly 800 bucks for one that sold 100 times. To me, it doesn’t seem good, I mean only 46 of those 260 could make more than 800 bucks, and 220 of them just 200 bucks, 100, or less.)

Ok, now how to ask this from TF? contacting support? or any of them here reading this? hellllooo

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
jremick Envato team says
@Scotwills: Yeah, thanks, that’s nice too, at least shows that only 46 out of 260 WP themes sold over 100 copies, which is not good IMHO . (Each theme is average 20 bucks, so the author gets 8 bucks, thusly 800 bucks for one that sold 100 times. To me, it doesn’t seem good, I mean only 46 of those 260 could make more than 800 bucks, and 220 of them just 200 bucks, 100, or less.)

Some WP themes were initially HTML templates that were later converted into a WP theme. Also, some authors start selling the PSD version, then convert it to HTML and sell as an HTML template, then they’ll convert it for WP. It’s a good way to make extra money on the same design at different stages.

by
by
by
by
by
by