2723 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hey guys,

I just wanted to make sure you were all aware of “Double Dippin’”.

What’s “Double Dippin’”?

“Double Dippin’” is the phrase we use to describe doing some work once, but getting paid for it twice (or more). There are numerous ways you can make your work go farther on the Envato marketplaces by repurposing it and selling it on multiple marketplaces. Here’s a great article by Lance that explains the concept in more detail:

Make More Money by Double Dippin’

How Can 3DOcean Authors Double Dip?

A very easy way 3DOcean authors can make their work go further, sell more items and earn more money is by rendering flattened bitmap images of your 3D model or scene, and then selling it in the Graphics > 3D Renders category on GraphicRiver. Although trademarked items and brand names are not permitted on GraphicRiver unlike on 3DOcean, the majority of your generic 3D objects and scenes would be a great way to Double Dip and find new customers interested in your work. It also serves as a great way to get customers back over to check out your 3DOcean portfolio – you can add a graphic, link or some extra information on your GraphicRiver item description for example about how the actual 3D model is also available on 3DOcean.

Sound’s Great! How Do I Submit to GraphicRiver?

1. Make sure you’ve taken the author test on GraphicRiver. It’s quick and easy and it will give you the ability to submit content to GraphicRiver.
  2. Prepare your 3D Render for the Graphics category. Here are the more detailed Graphics Upload Instructions. But basically, you will need your main JPG render(s) of your 3D Model in a .zip file, an 80px x 80px thumbnail, a 590px x 300px preview image and an optional Preview Image Set.
  3. Submit your files via the Graphics Upload Form and be sure to choose the 3D Renders sub-category before you submit
  4. Try just one file to begin with, make sure it gets approved in case the reviewers find something wrong with your submission or have some extra advice for you, but once accepted, be inspired to submit even more Double Dippin’ content! :D

And that’s it! Your first taste of Double Dippin’!

Show Us Your Double Dips!

If you’ve already “double dipped” with your 3DOcean items or you are about to try it out, post your examples in this thread, we’d love to see/hear more about your double dips! :)

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Great idea to increase sales on the work you’ve done! Here’s my favorite double dipper: http://graphicriver.net/item/3d-world-poster-1/82375

1113 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
3alisha says

I do this regularly… Thanks for the motivation nevertheless :bigsmile:

Cheers !

2723 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Good man, Ali! I think we need a “Double Dippin’” badge to start giving away. :) Love your lightbulbs wallpaper on GR! :)

1113 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
3alisha says

Oh thanks ! :bigsmile:

The badge idea made my day, lol :D

Cheers !

348 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+6 more
StockDesignMan says
2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
LanceSnider says

I’m in!!

http://graphicriver.net/item/3d-grass-render/243472

:P

Nice! Funny that I was looking for something exactly like this about a year ago. I wish I had found this file back then because it took FOREVER and ended up looking like crap. :D

By the way, this is one of the very few threads where you’re okay to show off your own files so take advantage by showing us your double dips! :D

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

This is on my list of things to do! Going to create a Photoshop action with my CD Case that will put the buyers image on the 3D model of the CD Case. Think that should work! Don’t know what other models will be any good for this.

53 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+1 more
LionFox says

Nice! I wasn’t sure if this was okey to do.. I thought it could be seen as non-exclusive.. Apperently not, i will start uploading some images right away! :)

2645 posts Community Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+19 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Nice! I wasn’t sure if this was okey to do.. I thought it could be seen as non-exclusive.. Apperently not, i will start uploading some images right away! :)

you’re not exactly selling the exact same item per-say, just a single/few perspectives, fixed renders. Furthermore, it’s not a “different marketplace” rather still Envato, so no exclusivity issues :)

by
by
by
by
by
by