17 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
webmandesign says

I had the same problem, maybe it’s a new rule..
How did you get around it?
Actually I didn’t need it, it was some leftover from my own “framework” and it just worked well without :D so I removed it ;)
Hi there. I’m just battling the theme soft rejection here. Can I ask, if you didn’t need the filter function anymore, how your shortcodes performs now? I mean is this:
[shortcode]

Some text

Some other text

[/shortcode]
the same as:
[shortcode]Some text

Some other text[/shortcode]

This is actually how it looks in visual editor, not the HTML one. My point is could you use visual editor to insert a shortcode and format the text inside it without any styling and markup problems on frontend of your theme?

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
webmandesign says
Well, you can’t go back and re-review themes already in the marketplace. They just don’t have the manpower to do that. But, I would hope that those themes would be subjected to the same judgement if they submit updates. ;)

:) Well, not the case for those. I’ve just redownloaded a big-player-theme here that was recently updated and checked the code for “stripped out wpautop and wptexturize”. I was searching for “remove_filter” in the entire theme code and found 2 instances. One to remove wpautop and one to remove wptexturize.

My recent theme has a problem with being constantly soft rejected due to “stripped out wpautop and wptexturize”. And guess what – I’m not even using any remove_filter in my theme… I’m totally furstrated now and seems the thread title does make sence a bit :)

Hopefully I’ll get this resolved and let you know how to go around.

I was also pointed to this video by my reviewer: http://www.screenr.com/okP8 (never had such problems with my themes).

17 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
by_heath says

You can use a jquery plugin to get around it ;)

Also yes I still stand by the title, it’s total bullshit, there are massive discrepancies in what some people get away with. I just downloaded a recently published theme, with the filtering and fonts included in the theme – it’s a crock, all depends on who you get I think.

3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
oldquest says

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. Got a soft reject because of this.

I have yet to find a solution that works 100%. For now, the only solution is having the shortcodes without line breaks, everything inline. This of course causes terrible readability.

I’m still looking for a solution.

Thanks.

812 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says
380 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WPExplorer says

My item also was soft rejected for the same reason, try this:
function shortcode_empty_paragraph_fix($content){   
    $array = array (
        '<p>[' => '[', 
        ']</p>' => ']', 
        ']<br />' => ']'
    );

$content = strtr($content, $array);
    return $content;
}

add_filter('the_content', 'shortcode_empty_paragraph_fix');

This is what I use ;)

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
webmandesign says

You can use a jquery plugin to get around it ;) Also yes I still stand by the title, it’s total bullshit, there are massive discrepancies in what some people get away with. I just downloaded a recently published theme, with the filtering and fonts included in the theme – it’s a crock, all depends on who you get I think.

Well, I don’t want to use jQuery to do the job like this to be honest. When JS is off, everything will look horrible again.

I can confirm the fonts in theme too!

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
webmandesign says

For now, the only solution is having the shortcodes without line breaks, everything inline. This of course causes terrible readability.

Well, this is the point. Do we really need to sacrifice user experience and thus put everything regarding shortcodes into one line and format content inside with HTML and not visual editor? What for is the visual editor then?

As I said, I don’t use the “remove_filter” hack and never tought of using it on content. I use the solution rvision_ and WPExplorer had mentioned (but anyway, if I didn’t have to I wouldn’t be using shortcodes entirely :) ).

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
webmandesign says

My item also was soft rejected for the same reason, try this:
function shortcode_empty_paragraph_fix($content){   
    $array = array (
        '<p>[' => '[', 
        ']</p>' => ']', 
        ']<br />' => ']'
    );

$content = strtr($content, $array);
    return $content;
}

add_filter('the_content', 'shortcode_empty_paragraph_fix');
This is what I use ;)

Hi WPExplorer :) I have the same function in my code and no “remove_filter” but I still get rejected with the same answer (that I’m “removing or modifying the filter wpautop”). I had to submit an Envato support ticket for this (which is very slow in answer) as I even get a warning from reviewer in my last soft rejection that I will be suspended when I resubmit the theme with no change (but I actually changed one line in the code…) again.

So still don’t know where exactly I remove or modify wpautop filter, but as I said, I’m using the same function as you do and that’s the only filter applied on “the_content”, so I blame this for soft rejection…

Will keep you guys updated as soon as I get some more info from Envato.

488 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

We provided an alternate solution in a similar thread

A theme using the above was approved around a week ago with no complaints from reviewer, i thought it may help you.

BF

by
by
by
by
by
by