3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
megancweaver says

Hello,

I have downloaded two themes now that don’t have index.php files in them. They only come with index.html files. They are listed below:

http://themeforest.net/item/myway-onepage-bootstrap-parallax-retina-template/4058880?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=awerest http://themeforest.net/item/hexic-fully-responsive-html5-coming-soon-page/4015262?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=AVAThemes

If I rename the index.html file to index.php, then wordpress will except the theme and install it without error. However, none of the resources or styles are loading correctly. Here is the site: themovemt.com

I am not a developer, just a UI designer, FYI. Any help would be greatly appreciated-life saving, even. I’m wondering if I need to modify the code within this provided index file in order to make a complete transformation to php.

Thanks,

Megan

3 posts
megancweaver says

Correction: the site I’m developing is themovmt.com

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi Megan, are you trying to install them in WordPress? They are both HTML templates, not WordPress themes. Unfortunately, they will not work with WordPress.

3610 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Those are HTML templates, not WordPress Themes! That’s why they don’t work on WordPress, because they are a totally different thingy..

3 posts
megancweaver says

I see. Thanks for the replies, and lesson learned! Total novice.

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

No worries. To successfully install either template, please refer to the instructions/documentation provided in the download file, and you’ll be all set! If you need any further assistance, don’t hesitate to ask! Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by