9 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
lyndavictoria says

Hi I have recently purchased a theme. my question is do i just download it to my computer or i+ s there a program i such as wordpress that i need to download it to ..

i have tried to download it onto my computer and then when i extract the files i says that there is an encryption [problem.

this is getting very frustrating can someone tell my me from step one what i need to do .

regards lynda

3984 posts Community Team
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Brazil
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says
Hi lynda, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to install a WordPress theme. Please follow the instructions below, or watch the screencast here.

1. Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
  2. Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
  3. Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
  4. Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
  5. Via FTP, upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder
  6. Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.

If you need any additional assistance, don’t hesitate to ask! Good luck.
9 posts
lyndavictoria says

Hi Dzinc thanks for your help.

i have downloaded file, tried to extract to my desktop but it says that there is an encryption error. when i unzip it goes to 3 files not one do i need to download it to wordpress somehow as it is a wordpress theme maybe i am doing something wrong when i download. does windows 7 have a download manager? hope you can help regards Lynda

• Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Brazil
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

Hi again Lynda, according to this tutorial video provided by the author, you can also install the theme by uploading it via WordPress.

In order to do that, you must upload a specific zip file through your WordPress admin panel. This zip file is included inside a folder from the extracted main download file.

Please take a moment to watch the video linked above. If the issue persists, please let us know, and we’ll take it from there. Thanks for being so patient!

For future reference, you can interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for troubleshooting.

Simply leave the author a quick comment and he’ll gladly point you in the right direction.

9 posts
lyndavictoria says

Hi again Lynda, according to this tutorial video provided by the author, you can also install the theme by uploading it via WordPress.

In order to do that, you must upload a specific zip file through your WordPress admin panel. This zip file is included inside a folder from the extracted main download file.

Please take a moment to watch the video linked above. If the issue persists, please let us know, and we’ll take it from there. Thanks for being so patient!

For future reference, you can interact directly with the author here. The link takes you to the item’s Comments section, where you can also browse previous posts for troubleshooting.

Simply leave the author a quick comment and he’ll gladly point you in the right direction.
9 posts
lyndavictoria says

Hi Dzinc

sorry about this. i have looked at the video you provided the problem is that it has no sound and goes so quickly i cant follow it.

i have tried to find the theme and import it through wordpress but the theme is not showing on the download says there is an encryption problem.

i have also contacted the author and have tried their suggestions as well . it doesnt matter which way i go i am still having problems..

regards Lynda

• Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Brazil
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

No worries Lynda, let’s try this a different way. I’ll post a step, and you reply. We’ll take it one by one, ok?

Please go to your Downloads page, and download the file again. Extract the downloaded file to your desktop. What files, folders and subfolders were extracted?

9 posts
lyndavictoria says

okay thanks ..i should tell you that the author sent me a message and said to download winrar which i did and followed i still have no idea what to do though .

• Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Brazil
+4 more
Dzinc Staff says

No worries, the first step is to extract the downloaded file. Be it through WinRAR or Windows 7, extracting this file has to be done ir order for us to continue.

I apologize for the quality of the videos, but they were among the few available which had audio.

After you’ve successfully extracted the contents of the file, please specify the extracted files, folders and subfolders, so we can proceed.

If you already find the included theme documentation/instructions, then just have a quick read and it should guide you through the rest. If not, please let us know.

9 posts
lyndavictoria says

magazon-wp folder _macosx folder

PSDS folder

these are the folders i can see on ly desktop

by
by
by
by
by