3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

As a recent thread (well, 3 months old by now) about free Dropbox space was so popular, I figured you guys might be interested in Dropquest as well. For the heck of it, I’m posting a thread about it :p

What’s Dropquest? Last year, Dropbox hosted an online scavanger hunt / puzzle contest spreading through various pages of nifty riddles. That’s great fun for us puzzle-fanatics, of course, and definitely a enough reason to participate. What’s more, though? Awesome prizes! Last year the top-something won various Gb’s of lifetime free space, while everyone who finished the Quest got one free Gigabyte of space. Awesome!

This year, they upped the stakes. Dropquest II is here. The first 150ish people who finish the quest (i.e. the fastest bunch) gets various gigabytes of free space, next to various goodies for the top 25 (including hoodies, tshirts and even a unique, signed drawing!). There’s 1GB for everyone who finished at all, of course. :)

That said, it’s not going to be easy, and I quote:

It’s back.

It’s harder.

It’s epic-er.

When, you ask? That’s an easy one – the blog says Saturday, May 12, at 10AM PST (17:00 GMT ). So at the moment of posting, that’s saturday in a little more than a week. I dunno about you, but that’s 7pm in my timezone. Right after dinner with a free evening (I’ll make sure of that ;) ) in its wake. Excellent!

Read more about Dropquest II on the Dropbox blog – that’s also where you go if you want to parttake.

TLDR : Free 1GB Dropbox space (and more if you’re a fast riddle-cracker) for solving a series of fun puzzles! And free fun!

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

Keep this thread alive so I will remember! :D I’m in!!!

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Gotta love free Dropbox space :D

Thanks Joost!

1559 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says
hey when i click the the “To get started, head here” link so 404 page shows :( http://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2012
30 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Nielsk says

hey when i click the the “To get started, head here” link so 404 page shows :( http://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2012
Same problem :(
  • Located in Netherlands
+9 more

Read more carefully, guys. It won’t start until the 12th of May. It even says so right below the link you clicked; “(this link won’t work until Dropquest is ready)” ;)

I’ll try to remember and give it a kick a day before – first considered posting it only a few days in advance, but figured being informed sooner is better :P

112 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

Well it’s stated that ” (this link won’t work until Dropquest is ready) “

1559 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Read more carefully, guys. It won’t start until the 12th of May. It even says so right below the link you clicked; “(this link won’t work until Dropquest is ready)” ;)

I’ll try to remember and give it a kick a day before – first considered posting it only a few days in advance, but figured being informed sooner is better :P

uuUPPPppssss :)

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more

Just bumping this thread so people will see it – it’s there in 48 hours from now (give or take a few minutes). Dunno about you, but I’ve been putting a team together; a dad, a roommate and two fellow students. Shooting for the stars ;)

Oh and the Dropbox team updated the blogpost with this epic graphic :delicious:

149 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
IulianN says

I get Error 404 when I access this page : https://www.dropbox.com/dropquest2012
Edit : Read more carefully, guys. It won’t start until the 12th of May. – Joost

Thanks !

by