5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
madaerodog says

I am an avid drupal user, at work and at home and I can easily port themes from simple html to drupal. I am now in the process of submitting some site templates to the marketplace and I was thinking to make them available as drupal themes also.

Now the problem : How to code themes to be accepted to the marketplace?

About a few months ago I submitted a theme to the drupal section and it was rejected under the guilt of being too simple. I didn’t felt it was like that and have seen much simpler themes than mine accepted. What I think happened is that someone dropped my files in the themes folder activated the theme and seeing what he saw replied that it was too simple, without creating the blocks that I put in separate html files that needed to be inserted after copying the theme.

Problem is that a drupal template is built like this : some php files that contain regions that you can assign blocks to from the back end. Sadly there is no way to make blocks magically be assigned to regions at theme deployment. Not using blocks and stuffing everything in those php files would hardcode those blocks and force the user to get his hands dirty to do what drupal does best : manage things dynamically from the back end.

So how do you do it?

by
by
by
by
by
by