• Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says

Do you guys know if this is possible? We would need to create them into separate objects as well.

47 posts nhstudio
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
nhstudio says

I’ve heard about SVG but not AI!

556 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says
bobocel said
Do you guys know if this is possible? We would need to create them into separate objects as well.

Not possible with AI, becaise AI is a source file.. Im sure someone at Adobe could figure it out though,

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

It’s supposed to be possible, because i remember long time ago (many years) Joshua Davis making his awesome vector animations, and i read somewhere he started from an AI, and he splitted it breaking into small independent MCs once in flash, even controlling somehow their names. I’ll try to make some testing and will let you know. Which version of Illustrator and Flash are you managing. Un abrazo ;)

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

Have made some testing. AI direct import seems to be the best way of doing. I’ve tried exporting swf from AI (gives some some exporting options), then importing it to library creates a huge number of shapes and mcs, mostly if you have vector gradients. But if you just save your AI (cs5) with pdf compatible checked, the use the import to library in flash cs5, the dialog window will display many options, including create layers of each object, naming, grouping and so on. I guess oyu already tried this out, but guess you’ll have no improved way of importing, but in my opinion the thing is pretty advanced.

Hope this helps.
J.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Pez (man that is early) you talk about importing the AI, that’s fine no problemo doing, but the nerd man aim more of loading external vector group dynamically (I think that’s what he aim for )

SVG (scalable vector graphics) as nhstudio say, is the close thing as possible using AI format to load vector group in dynamic way(like animation) after your vector group is ready on the make you just need to do a simple task converting AI to SVG . and than start coding :P .... even as2 can do magic with SVG

other then that you cant use or load dynamically AI format as i know of

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

^ WTF . I need to sleep more lately. Can a mod delete my stupid messages, including this? ;)

1161 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
FlashTang says

Do fish need sleep ?

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
bobocel says
pezflash said
Have made some testing. AI direct import seems to be the best way of doing. I’ve tried exporting swf from AI (gives some some exporting options), then importing it to library creates a huge number of shapes and mcs, mostly if you have vector gradients. But if you just save your AI (cs5) with pdf compatible checked, the use the import to library in flash cs5, the dialog window will display many options, including create layers of each object, naming, grouping and so on. I guess oyu already tried this out, but guess you’ll have no improved way of importing, but in my opinion the thing is pretty advanced. Hope this helps.
J.

Hola! Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’m trying to find a solution that works at runtime, dynamically.

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
bobocel says
tsafi said
Pez (man that is early) you talk about importing the AI, that’s fine no problemo doing, but the nerd man aim more of loading external vector group dynamically (I think that’s what he aim for )

SVG (scalable vector graphics) as nhstudio say, is the close thing as possible using AI format to load vector group in dynamic way(like animation) after your vector group is ready on the make you just need to do a simple task converting AI to SVG . and than start coding :P .... even as2 can do magic with SVG

other then that you cant use or load dynamically AI format as i know of

But will Flash be able to render the same graphics dynamically?

by
by
by
by
by
by