7390 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

certain websites (that I will not nominate here) will clear a withdraw in 1 to 4 days (depending on type of payment) after you made the request.

What about having the same on this marketplace? This waiting till the end of the month and then another 15 days for the payment is unnecessary in my opinion.

After all, calculating couple of thousands of payments in a day or distributing them over a month will change nothing.

I also don’t understand why my earnings are withheld for 15 days. If someone from the staff could give me a logical reason I will glad to listen.

Don’t want to start a fight about this :) I’m just asking. This is not about waiting for the next working day to clear the payments, I understand people have a life and can’t work 24/7.

So, what about withdrawal from Monday to Friday, with a small delay after the request had been made?

234 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MotionMAX says

hi doru, Thanks for the post man this is the same thing going on my mind for several days why this market place is taking 15 days to send money and only why it is end of the month

I hope some one will come with good answer here to clear this issue

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

To the best of my knowledge the reason is because most big businesses have a specific date of every month where all outgoings take place.

The reason for this is so they can keep track more easily on everything going out, this is not for their purpose but for the accounting and tax man.

Envato are not alone, every big company do this.

For the 2 weeks : 15 days.

You are lucky some clients i have ask for a 60 day.

So you input your invoice and they will take 60 days to pay.

Again a lot of big companies work on a 60 day payment term.

7390 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

@bobbaanil just wanted to make things better for everyone. if there is a valid reason to have things like is now I can accept it. Just wanted to know what that reason is, that’s all :)

@ubl there are marketplace where you need to wait two months, but there are those who clear your payment in 1 to 4 days, so this “we are lucky” argument :) is odd.

599 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
addeystock says

@doru Envato has over nearly 2 million members. so I think it is not possible to keep track of requests made each day to process the withdrwal within 1-4 days. But it was just my point of view.If they are able to process the withdarwals within 1-4 days then it will be great.

7390 posts
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

if they can track all the authors who make withdrawals request (they are not 2 million) and process them in one day, why should be difficult to do this over a month? :) Also, they can do a rule like one withdrawal each week or each month for author.

3434 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

In a nutshell, batch processing minimizes transactional costs. Since Envato incurs these costs (with PayPal, at least in the US), I’m comfortable with monthly payouts. Doing it this way means we get to keep a higher percentage of our revenue, and keeps costs down overall. That’s good for everyone involved. If you manage your money properly, being paid monthly shouldn’t be an issue after the first month of earnings.

But this isn’t an official response or anything (and I don’t actually have any more insight into the process than any other author); it’s just been discussed many times before.

Now going back to my Sunday :) Have a good one, everyone!

689 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
cooledition says

i think one of the reason is:

Before envato pay us, they multiply the money making investments in Share purchases in some companies and getting more money from bank interest. The more they can hold the money, the more they can multiply the money.

I would do the same if i were a BIG company.

But yes, me as an author would rather to do withdrawals every time i want and not only once in a month.

3719 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I agree with @ Sevenspark.

With Paypal you can batch process and incur the fee which Envato do.

I think this list has to be manually uploaded to Paypal too, so having someone run the payments once per month is far easier and more cost efficient for both Envato and us Authors than having someone to deal with it daily and have us incur the fee.

Also, I think the 15 day period is a cooling period where you can make sure no one else has accessed your account to withdraw the money.

Plus, you’re not really waiting an extra 15 days for your money, the 15th-15th is still a monthly payment.

Again, not an official response, just my own opinion.

by
by
by
by
by
by