• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
godonholiday says

I was wondering what the general opinion on the usability of the major E-Commerce platforms was? I am not concerned about which one has the most/best features, or easiest to develop for.

This would be the users first on-line store. Which is the easiest for them to use to manage their products?

Thanks

2815 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I’ve had customers figure out how to use WooCommerce and Jigoshop with no problems, these are very easy to install and setup. Slightly more complicated to setup is Prestashop but I’ve had customers figure out how to use this themselves as well. Try WooCommerce if the site is running on WordPress.

456 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
godonholiday says

Thanks, I’ll take a look. I am not worried about developing for it, more that the end user will find it easy to manage their stock etc..

10 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
wpshards says

WordPress tends to be a good starting point for any online store, mainly because it’s easy on its users and at the same time draws from all the available resources the WordPress community can provide.

Later on, it might be wise to change to a more focused platform… if the store itself actually outgrows it, that is. There’s not much to gain from switching o a more powerful system if barely all of its potential will be used (looking at you, Magento).

by
by
by
by
by
by