762 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Hi guys,
tired of caring about the boring TimThumb issues, a couple of months ago, I’ve decided to develop my own library to resize images and effect them.
It’s deeply integrated in WP, uses the WP 3.5 image resizing functions and also the WP_filesystem methods to avoid the annoying permission issues.

Since it could be useful for many of us, I’ve decided to put it on github as open source project.
Feel free to try/use/improve/tweak it anywhere you want. You can find it here

The documentation is here

Resuming:
  • two ways to use it: with the PHP function or via HTTP call (like timthumb – useful for javascript)
  • handles the image URL, path or also the WP image ID
  • positional cropping
  • WP 3.5 functions (both GD and Imagick)
  • WP_filesystem integration to avoid permission issues
  • Caching system
  • no-hotlinking system
  • Full control on the usable domains (like Timthumb)
  • Compatible up to WP 3.0, also on Multisite installations

I’m using it in my plugins and has solved almost all the Timthumb troubles. But I’m sure there’s someone here that could contribute to evolve it :)

762 posts
+6 more
LCweb says

0 replies after a week.. mh..
I’m start thinking I’ve opened the thread in a bad moment .. or my script is rubbish :D

2450 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Maybe this scared people off? :P

Resuming:
  • Compatible up to WP 3.0, also on Multisite installations

j/k, sounds promising, I’ll make sure to try it myself :)

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

I did not care about this script and maybe peoples think so.

why need timthumb ? when buyer will almost re-do the site because alot of different of new themes.

also the most problem is design , functions just enough to use. I’m sure that some best selling themes (2k+) have poor functions than my items (<100) . hahahaa

762 posts
+6 more
LCweb says

In a world dominated by sliders/galleries/portfolios the image management is the basis.
And since TF doesn’t allow anymore Timthumb in themes, I’ve just shared my solution ;)

3556 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I’m sure that some best selling themes (2k+) have poor functions than my items (<100) . hahahaa

:)

@LCweb, maybe your post didn’t create such fuzz, because there are at least 3 more alternatives for timthumb which were already promoted on the forums, from which 2 are really popular(aqsizer & freshsizer)

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

I’m sure that some best selling themes (2k+) have poor functions than my items (<100) . hahahaa

:)

@LCweb, maybe your post didn’t create such fuzz, because there are at least 3 more alternatives for timthumb which were already promoted on the forums, from which 2 are really popular(aqsizer & freshsizer)
any advance words , RubenBristian ? I still see alot of themes come with shortcode buttons only for all layouts,columns , any contents , sections.

when I ask for a custom page like “about us” . They send dozens of line code with tons of [...] nested together. I’m a coder and I want to know how buyer can change it when I still feel hard to change it????

I and my friend download some best seller themes. He’s crazy to use the themes.

Then I decide to never buy any themes to use for my project/customer because it maybe have bugs and less functions.

I did not mean that all best themes are bad. I mean there are some best seller theme have very poor functions but who’s care? and I don’t want my decide get a random results.

762 posts
+6 more
LCweb says

Surely, but I was only kidding yesterday, I’m not disappointed about the lack of replies! :D
I knew those alternatives but I think I’ve created something “more complex”, for this reason I wanted to share it with other developers.

@rongcon: consider also that many of the “top-selling” authors use framoworks. And these are surely harder to use for an external developer/customer. (but this is another matter)

1483 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

I will give it a shot. I am not sure why you have written it is compatible only up to WP 3.0 though :)

Thanks for sharing!

762 posts
+6 more
LCweb says

I will give it a shot. I am not sure why you have written it is compatible only up to WP 3.0 though :) Thanks for sharing!

Oh well, this is extremely important for plugin developers.
I’ve already had a bunch of customers using my plugins on WP 3.0.x :)

by
by
by
by
by
by