3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
transitwireless says

How do you make changes to the main page (Home page)? I am new to word press and did not set up the website.

476 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

Hey there!

You’re at the general forum of the marketplace you seem to bought your theme on. It’s recommended to contact the author directly for support. If you tell us the name of the theme you bought we can link you to their contact form or forum.

Be aware tho that you currently don’t have a verification of purchase linked to your account, so you might want to log in with the account that purchased the item in order to be eligible for support.

All the best
Mel

3 posts
transitwireless says

I have the the U-Design template which directed me to Theme Forest

476 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

Hi,

so you downloaded it somewhere and did not purchase it here? Well, that’s not so legal, you will need to head over to the item’s page and buy it before you contact the author for support. You must know that pirates are not welcome in support forums for legal customers.

Here’s the page you can purchase it on: http://themeforest.net/item/udesign-wordpress-theme/253220?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=internq7

Cheers

3806 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

iHelp is right – really the purchaser needs to ask for help. It is possible form your post “..did not set up the website…” that someone charged you for/gave you and installed the website?

If this is the case then you need to ask them how to make the changes or get them (as the buyer) to contact the author.

3 posts
transitwireless says

My company bought the design or else I wouldn’t be on here asking for help. When in word press and I click the option to ask the author it brought me to theme-forest. I was stating that the person who created the page is no longer with the company and I am not clear on how to edit the main page. Word press says to make it static but I still am not clear on how to make it static when you can’t even see the page on the back end.

3806 posts
+1 more
charlie4282 says

It remains that as your account is not the buyer there is little that anyone can do to help you as we have no evidence that the file was paid for and not pirated.

If you have the file then you should have the documentation that supports it in the download which will tell you how to do all of this.

You can try emailing the author of the file. Find the file page on here and the author is listed on the right hand side. If you click on them then you will be able to send an email through the form on the bottom right of the profile page.

Please be aware that support is NOT compulsory on here for authors and should they choose to not help due to a lack of purchase code, then you may need to hire a freelancer to help you.

3228 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

It remains that as your account is not the buyer there is little that anyone can do to help you as we have no evidence that the file was paid for and not pirated.

If you have the file then you should have the documentation that supports it in the download which will tell you how to do all of this.

You can try emailing the author of the file. Find the file page on here and the author is listed on the right hand side. If you click on them then you will be able to send an email through the form on the bottom right of the profile page.

Please be aware that support is NOT compulsory on here for authors and should they choose to not help due to a lack of purchase code, then you may need to hire a freelancer to help you.

or repurchase the theme

3806 posts
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Good point Chrisakelly – slow moment on my part! Thanks

by
by
by