69 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
KingLeo says

Hi all! I had an idea. Why not make it possible to edit things in the queue for approval. Very often becomes necessary in the editing, but wait for moderator approval file edit or delete, and upload it again.

2010 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

I think that issue was already discussed in this forum, but sill +1 from me!

1134 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

Would sometimes be nice to have, but leads probably to a situation where authors start uploading unfinished work and keep on working on it during the queue waiting time ;)

1010 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

Would sometimes be nice to have, but leads probably to a situation where authors start uploading unfinished work and keep on working on it during the queue waiting time ;)

Well said SonicCube! At the moment don’t forget you can always update.

69 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
KingLeo says

Yes, of course, in some cases it may complicate the work of observers. But still it is not convenient for the authors. Update also does not happen immediately, and the last 2 days update took place in a day. Not correct track for a long time was in sight.

2180 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

I was always thinking about this (ie. the way to solve this potential problem). I think it would be fair if there was a “compromise solution”: authors are allowed to edit their pending submission, but only a few hours after they hit the UPLOAD button. After that editing is locked.

I believe this would help a lot, as the most times I’ve read about this on Forums, people just wanted to correct a mistake they’ve only noticed after submitting, which happens very soon after submitting.

EDIT : P.S. Or maybe provide us with link to just preview our potential future approved item’s page while still in queue, so that we can at least copy tags and other info (for all of us who are so lazy to write them down in a document before uploading :D ) to make it easier to delete+fix+reupload…

1010 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

I was always thinking about this (ie. the way to solve this potential problem). I think it would be fair if there was a “compromise solution”: authors are allowed to edit their pending submission, but only a few hours after they hit the UPLOAD button. After that editing is locked.

I believe this would help a lot, as the most times I’ve read about this on Forums, people just wanted to correct a mistake they’ve only noticed after submitting, which happens very soon after submitting.

Sounds like a good idea :)

by
by
by
by
by
by