271 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Hi Everyone! Been a while since I’ve posted here on the boards, but figured I’d post and see if anyone could help me with an issues I am trying to figure out.

Basically, I am editing some code as found here: http://jrgraphix.net/research/flash-dock-mx-2004.php

Using it in a template I have created (along with an .Mov from here too ;) ): http://www.amperagedesign.com/abcpro/abcpro.html

AND , here’s a zip file with the fla I am working with if anyone finds it in their heart to help. :) : http://www.amperagedesign.com/top.zip

First off, let me explain clearly that I am much more of a graphic’s designer primarily…ie. code based, w/ MC’s made a runtime are a pain in the butt for me, but workable.

It may be easier than I think, and I may be overthinking it, but I am trying to make it so that the icons act as buttons, with their over and down states animated, but I can not for the life of me make that happen. Any comments/suggestions/lectures on the meaning of life would be greatly appreciated. Preferably suggestions before the lectures, but we can work something out. Thanks!

410 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 10+ members Located in Argentina Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Random says

You mean you want to make a roll over effect for the button?

I sent you an e-mail

271 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Well, that is a good concept, and one I am familiar with, but the icons actually move according to mouse movement, so unfortunately:

this.onEnterFrame=function(){

if (this.hitTest(_root.circle)){

//does the roll over animation like gotoAndPlay (#)

}

}

...Won’t work for this current situation. I really appreciate your quick response however. :) When you check the link you will see that it is a mock up of the Mac OS dock, but it is done at runtime and pulls the files from the library, which is causing the issues that I am running into at the moment.

271 posts
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Wait I’m looking at it a bit more what you sent…maybe I didn’t totally understand what you were saying. Let a stupid moron take some time to peruse it some more…thanks again.

271 posts
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Hmm, still not working properly…I guess the main issue I am dealing with is getting a button from the library, that is pulled dynamically at runtime, to actually detect the rollover and down states.

271 posts
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Hmm, Bump…I’m still scouring the web looking for a solution…anyone interested in making a quick $20? Not even really asking for a final product…just a way to make what I need working. Or, if you want to bid for it let me know. :)

Heck, I’m willing to go up in payment to just get this done, LOL

271 posts
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Well, sorry about the quadruple post, but I decided to use a file by digitalriver from here that was much like what I was using. Wait, what’s a five post? Pentepost? Not sure…:) Problem solved.

271 posts
+2 more
AMPDesign says

I meant science…not river…and crap, I can’t edit the post…

3072 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

digitalriver?\\? :D :)

271 posts
+2 more
AMPDesign says

Yeah LOL I can’t believe I did that…I meant digitalscience…but somehow it came out river…not so sure what was going on there…....:)

by
by
by
by
by
by