9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
samcwy says

I have purchased some “Site Administration” theme from themeforest and have some difficulties to edit it via dreamweaver.

In Design view, I can only get a very draft and not complete website for edit. Say, the left menu is missing. I can see it in the Live View, but i cannot edit inside Live view.

Could I actually edit those HTML5 /CSS3 site template using WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver? Is there other better way to edit it?

Design View (many component missing):

h t t p :// img.buytogether.hk/upload/big/2012/11/28/50b62da4dff66.png

Live View: h t t p :// img.buytogether.hk/upload/big/2012/11/28/50b62da55feca.png

(please remove the space for the http:// and paste to browser… themeforest not allow outside link…)

2459 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

In order to edit code, you need to switch to Code View.

9 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
samcwy says

In order to edit code, you need to switch to Code View.

I remember that a few years ago, I use dreamweaver to build my website using the Design view. i can edit every elements, including button, url, link…etc. directly. I can type directly in the Design view and it will give me the HTML code.

Is it means that there is no way to edit this kind of template (HTML5/CSS3) like what we did with (old style) HTML ? Everything we need is to code in “Code View” and review the result in “Live view”? Is it true?

2459 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Yes, it’s true. Those visual editor days, thankfully, are long gone :)

by
by
by
by
by
by