2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hi guys, as I’m a total n00b regarding camera lens, I would like to know if you could tell me more about this one

EF 28 -135mm f/ 3.5-5.6 IS USM .

It would be used for video with Canon 7D.

Thanks in advance :)

1566 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Didn’t use it but from specs looks OK as kind of universal lens If you don’t need wider angle, 28 mm will be around 45mm on crop sensor of 7D. And if you don’t need low light. It has image stabilizer – good for video.

Best Regards, Andrey

51 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
rover5 says

From example images I saw image quality is good for that price. But as Andrey says wide angle is not that good. So it depends on what kind of video you want to do. And I read that the lens tube is ascending if you are holding the camera up or down. I can imagine this could be annoying.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Thank you guys. Could you please give me some advice for video shooting lens. Up to $500 or so.

51 posts
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
rover5 says

I`ll try. But it would be helpful to get some information on what you like to shoot. Is it nature, macro, model, studio, scientific-like reproduction, etc.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Well, mixed. model probably sometimes. Nature, city, etc. also. Macro not that often. As I said, mixed :)

51 posts
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
rover5 says

I looked up the prices of the lenses I would have recommended to you and unfortunately almost all of them are 1000$ and up. The only one I found close to your budget is the EF-S 15-85 IS USM from Canon which I want to buy myself next year. I think the lens works on 7d but if you want to upgrade later to a professional canon like 5d it won`t work on it.

Otherwise I think the lens you mentioned in your first post will produce absolut acceptable quality.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I looked up the prices of the lenses I would have recommended to you and unfortunately almost all of them are 1000$ and up. The only one I found close to your budget is the EF-S 15-85 IS USM from Canon which I want to buy myself next year. I think the lens works on 7d but if you want to upgrade later to a professional canon like 5d it won`t work on it. Otherwise I think the lens you mentioned in your first post will produce absolut acceptable quality.

Thank you very much!! :)

859 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

The EF 28 -135mm f/ 3.5-5.6 IS USM is basically a kit lens. It’s a decent lens but there are better options out there for video.

I use the 24-70mm f/2.8L USM for most of my video work. It’s a bit expensive, but if I could only use one lens for the rest of my life, this would be it for me. (Look for deals online… I got mind for about $800, new)

If budget is an issue, and if you can get away with using a prime lense, the EF 50mm 1.8 II is the best bang for the buck and should be in any Canon user’s lens arsenal. It’s also a great lens for all the bokeh fans out there.

51 posts
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
rover5 says

Wow! 800$ is fantastic. Have to agree with MotionRevolver. If you could get a 24-70mm for few money go for it. Quality is great.

by
by
by
by
by
by