50 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
telecast says

That plugin seems to be amazing, however as Animation Engine has not been yet revealed, we can’t know it’s full potential. But, if those arrows shown in example video cannot be animated, I can’t see many use for them. I incline to think that no revolution will happen lol )

58 posts Fx and Motion Graphics
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
sachinjoshi says

God Bless AK. Why Adobe had not thought about this in first hand!.

4905 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Yes, you are right. As far as I remember Mark was in contact with VC staff about including prerendered optical flares in VH projects. Answer was fortunately positive (of course without included any other VC files, than prerendered optical flares (mov)). I hope that we will have positive answer again.
I will flag this post for staff reply :)

Well at the time there was some confusion surrounding Optical Flares because VideoCopilot provides a number of presets with the plugin as well as addons. I spoke with Andrew Kramer and we worked out a plan where Optical Flare elements could be prerendered and then distributed so long as they were “custom” flares. Meaning if a user takes a OF preset and renders it out, they’d effectively be infringing on VideoCopilot’s property.

When it comes to Element 3D, I won’t know for sure until we get to check out the software and it’s licensing. VideoCopilot did mention that a new plugin was in the works when we had the discussion about Optical Flares (meaning this) and that when it was released they’d like to have a similar licensing discussion to get on the same page. I haven’t had a conversation with anyone from VC yet, but after the plugin is released, I’ll reach out to them if they don’t get in touch with me first.

My initial assumptions would be that the tool could be used by VH authors in two ways.
  1. One could use a model as a particle and then provide prerenders of the animations created with Element 3D. Going off of our previous agreement with VC, users would have to use custom models here and would probably not be able to distribute any of the presets that are being included by VideoCopilot.
  2. An author could make their project actually require the Element 3D plugin and then actually include the model itself in the download as an asset. It’s important here to note that any model being included within your project would need to be properly licensed. So you’d need either the equivalent of our extended license of a model, or you’d need to create it yourself.

But please note that this is just my best guess, going off of discussions we’ve had about earlier products. I won’t know for sure until we’ve had a chance to look at the final product.

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
FrameWerk says

Plug-in actually looks like a game changer, to the extent I may move away from using Cinema for 3D type in favour of element.

It is released on my birthday too so I can treat myself!

701 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
3dbacks says

...today I see Sky Sea motion graphic’s…. If I have good memory, Videohive (Envato) sad no any more Sky Sea??????????

436 posts butlerm.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
butlerm says

I was beta testing this since like march and the plugin has become so much better than when I first started playing around with it.

1816 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

I was beta testing this since like march and the plugin has become so much better than when I first started playing around with it.

How did you get to beta test it?

5097 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

That’s what beta testing’s for. :)

181 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
MRMdesigns says

Now, finally, another video demonstration from VideoCopilot featuring Element’s animation capabilities: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2012/07/tutorial-animating-with-element-3d/ . Can’t wait for tomorrow :smitten:

181 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
MRMdesigns says

Sorry, double post… See, how excited I am :D

by
by
by
by