• Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+9 more
butlerm says
http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2013/03/world-position-pass-for-element-3d-v1-6/ update coming soon… could be another month hah
* sigh*
DsignProductions
DsignProductions Recent Posts
Threads Started
406 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Belgium
DsignProductions says

Look like we have green light to upload element 3d templates.
Before I purchase; can we use the separate 3d model packs for element 3d in our own bigger project?

4791 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Look like we have green light to upload element 3d templates.
Before I purchase; can we use the separate 3d model packs for element 3d in our own bigger project?

No. Nor the textures. Nor can you sell or include elements pre-rendered with Element.

If you use Element, you need to make your own models and your own textures and not use pre-renders.

In other words, the purchaser must also have purchased Element 3D and none of the Element 3D assets may be distributed with a project. Strict indeed, but considering the power and speed of the plug-in and its amazingly low price, I think we can forgive the conditions that Videocopilot has imposed on how it’s used. They need to make their investment in time and effort back… and I’m guessing it cost rather a lot to develop.

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StencilMedia says

I don’t understand the texture bit. Models, yes, but surely one could use the textures included with Element 3D in their project (and the starter models for that fact), but not include them in their project files? Then it would be a case of the project automatically linking to the relevant textures when it’s opened at the other end.

I get that VC need to make their investment back… but surely the person buying the template has bought E3D and the person making the template has bought E3D?. And if they have then they’ve got the basic textures. There’s no financial benefit for VC if somebody uses the included textures or not… it’s not like they can be purchased separately or anything. Including a model from an add on pack, I get it. Including a texture from Pro Shaders, sure thing… but using a starter texture and not including the actual texture in the project files? How is that of benefit to anyone.

Or am I missing something? If we’re looking at it from a quality point of view then that’s a bit more understandable… i.e. VC not wanting there to be 1000 templates flooding the market that all include an alarm clock or a watch or a telegraph pole. E3D would get a bad name!

404 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

I think the basic textures & primitive models (cube, sphere, plane) that are supplied with Element 3D are OK for use.
DsignProductions was asking about the model-packs (food, money etc..), and I think Felt was referring to the textures in the Pro-Shades pack.

595 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
addeystock says

Finally the way to Element 3D templates are opened :)
can’t wait to see more templates :)

2519 posts Marketplace Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+13 more
scottwills Staff says