• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

In your links from adw you tag them with all utm_* attributes? Is it enough to have just utm_campaign or utm_source, utm_medium are required too?

I added utm_source and utm_medium as well because I wanted to to see which different ads and adgroups were performing better than others. I can also check to see if the “clicks” on each individual adwords ad match the “visits” on the individual campaign item.

It should work with just utm_campaign, but I haven’t tested it. Maybe try adding it and see?

2957 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
+10 more

actually I just had a look at the UTM builder page: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

it says source, medium and name are all required. so maybe that is why they are not showing in the report correctly.

649 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Elite Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+7 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

my head hurts lol

821 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
wpbakery says

actually I just had a look at the UTM builder page: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en it says source, medium and name are all required. so maybe that is why they are not showing in the report correctly.

I noticed that too… Today we added all 3 required params and something went through in the analytics report, will be back tomorrow with results :)

252 posts Mad Dog
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

Hey guys! Do you drive the traffic directly to TF or to your landing pages? Does TF policy allow to refer the visitors from google adwords to TF? Thanks for the answer.

2957 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
+10 more

Hey guys! Do you drive the traffic directly to TF or to your landing pages? Does TF policy allow to refer the visitors from google adwords to TF? Thanks for the answer.

I have two campaigns: One goes directly to the marketplace (with ?ref= and utm_* parameters ) and another campaign goes to a landing page before the marketplace.

821 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+2 more
wpbakery says

I have two campaigns: One goes directly to the marketplace (with ?ref= and utm_* parameters ) and another campaign goes to a landing page before the marketplace.

Same here. Why would Envato be against driving free traffic towards the marketplace?

84 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Australia
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
yomrholmes Staff says

Yup, you can buy traffic on AdWords and send this traffic directly to your TF page. However, you can’t target keywords such as ‘ThemeForest’ ‘Theme Forest’ or ‘Envato’.

Also to note, we’re bidding on keywords associated with marketplace items in almost all countries/languages, and AdWords only shows a single ad per landing page domain. So, if you’re advertising themeforest.net/youritem you’ll be competing with our ad that sends traffic to themeforest.net , and chances are, we’ll be bidding more than you, so your add won’t show.

If you send traffic to your item landing page, ie youritem.com, you won’t be competing with our company AdWords bidding, so my guess is that you could pay significantly less per click.

Re: @dtbaker @mixey going through the specifics of GA, agreed this is getting very technical! I’ve asked @dtbaker to share his profile with me and I can help troubleshoot from there.

105 posts World Director
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
dedalx says

Very interestings posts. Maybe someone can summary all investigations and post nice short article how to correctly setup ADWords campaign to work with Google Analytics data for Elite authors? Article like this should be in Envato blog.

673 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
LCweb says

A couple of weeks ago I started to think about investing a bit on AdWords, but I’m completely inexperienced in the subject.

After reading your posts… I’m on the edge to leave the project! :D
I have also a couple of experienced SEO friends, but is way too difficult to learn without spending a good amount of hours.

Anyway, I’ll follow with interest this thread, could be useful.
And, yes, would be great a little article on notes for our Elite

by
by
by
by
by
by