3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

@KarmaThemes – everyone of us was at some point not elite. we all worked to that to that statute. do not give up and make original work ( i read one of your last theme’s comment from a potential buyer and he was right about the copy of that website ) and you will get there.

Nice little addon, but most customers, from what i see, when buying a theme, just visit the first page of the theme, or maybe the contact and the blog. And that’s it :) So i do not know if they will be bothered by that mention that we are elite.

1141 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
KarmaThemes says

because chances are getting lower to reach this status and Envato seems to only push and help Elite.

Please have a look at the historical payment rates:

http://wiki.envato.com/selling/getting-paid/historical-payment-rates/ The chances of reaching Elite have been greatly improved over time, and Envato has taken a huge loss in making it easier for authors to reach elite.

The $75.000 are easier to reach than $300.000, but non-Elite are getting less sales, simply because they are not Elite and due to this way of promoting it, it looks like not being Elite is bad and people should not buy from us.
That is my point. If I was to buy a theme I would probably not consider buying from non-Elite.
That whole Elite status makes it look like a quality attribute for themes from that author, which makes users think “Elite” means their files are the best, so files from non-Elite have to be bad, otherwise they would have an Elite badge.
I don’t think it’s clear enough that Elite means only sold $75.000 – which sometimes might not even indicate best quality, but best marketing, most followers or longest membership.

Is it at least somehow clear what I am trying to say?

Best,
Mel for KarmaThemes

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says
675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

@KarmaThemes – everyone of us was at some point not elite. we all worked to that to that statute. do not give up and make original work ( i read one of your last theme’s comment from a potential buyer and he was right about the copy of that website ) and you will get there.

Nice little addon, but most customers, from what i see, when buying a theme, just visit the first page of the theme, or maybe the contact and the blog. And that’s it :) So i do not know if they will be bothered by that mention that we are elite.

If you think no one will be bothered then why have it there?

3751 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Honestly, i don’t think Elite means something outside our community of authors. As long as the rest of badges. In fact i’ve received some customer request with words like “with my purchase you are earning thousand $”. Wrong, with your purchase i’m getting just $5.2 . Never been sure if displaying the author earnings is a good strategy for us.

I like the point of showing some “reliable” data about the author of that product.
I don’t like to be so prominent on product page, and adding another url exit on it.

3007 posts
+7 more
duotive says

If you think no one will be bothered then why have it there?

I did not put it there. :)

6088 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I don’t like to be a complainer but I do worry to see a big icon / link that redirects potential new buyers into another page just to misunderstand I probably earned ~500k from current file. People don’t do deep calculations but able to make assumptions so fast.

2073 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

I don’t like to be a complainer but I do worry to see a big icon / link that redirects potential new buyers into another page just to misunderstand I probably earned ~500k from current file.

+1 remove the link to the elite hp

820 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Pretty nice elite box. I think is fair to spot elite authors with it. Behind this badge there is a lot of work and of course nice works.
It’s like the ebay badge for top seller.

However I agree to remove the link, could be a bit misleading.

1029 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

I don’t like to be a complainer but I do worry to see a big icon / link that redirects potential new buyers into another page just to misunderstand I probably earned ~500k from current file. People don’t do deep calculations but able to make assumptions so fast.

I’ve got nothing against Elite (I’m planing to get there soon ;) ) but this is the best argument in that discussion. +1 to it.

by
by
by
by
by
by