497 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Germany
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
GraficAndMedia says

Horrible news for every non-Elite author! Who will buy from us now?
I am slightly displeased.

What’s next? Only Elite items being displayed on the homepage? A special Elite section with only elite items? Elite authors are Elite authors for a reason –¬†they get loads of sales anyhow (correct me if I’m wrong). We are fighting for every sale.
I understand this is all about profit for Envato and Elite authors sure brought/bring the most money;
but I am starting to believe themeforest is getting hostile against non-Elite authors and working on here gets more and more useless for non-Elite authors because chances are getting lower to reach this status and Envato seems to only push and help Elite.

+1

I think normal authors have a big challange allready. It would mean only elite Files are good Files. This group allready Made their sucess here.

90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
UniquePixelWeb says
+1

Horrible news for every non-Elite author! Who will buy from us now?
I am slightly displeased.

What’s next? Only Elite items being displayed on the homepage? A special Elite section with only elite items? Elite authors are Elite authors for a reason –¬†they get loads of sales anyhow (correct me if I’m wrong). We are fighting for every sale.
I understand this is all about profit for Envato and Elite authors sure brought/bring the most money;
but I am starting to believe themeforest is getting hostile against non-Elite authors and working on here gets more and more useless for non-Elite authors because chances are getting lower to reach this status and Envato seems to only push and help Elite.
2128 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Featured items also have an actual badge and display a feature “banner” in the sidebar, why shouldn’t the Elite items share some consistency with this?

Featured items are ITEMS that have been featured (because they are extraordinary good). However, elite badge doesn’t say anything about the item itself, apart from that it’s author has earned a huge sum of cash on Envato marketplaces… So your comparison doesn’t stand, I’m afraid…

2589 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Featured items also have an actual badge and display a feature “banner” in the sidebar, why shouldn’t the Elite items share some consistency with this?
Featured items are ITEMS that have been featured (because they are extraordinary good). However, elite badge doesn’t say anything about the item itself, apart from that it’s author has earned a huge sum of cash on Envato marketplaces… So your comparison doesn’t stand, I’m afraid…

Couldn’t have put it better urbazon, thanks.

5346 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I don’t think the “elite” status made much of a difference until now. Having this badge on every file is a big bonus, (although maybe not so much for ThemeForest authors because seems like everyone over there is elite :D). But speaking of that, I think there should be some consideration for total sales, and possibly ammending the “elite” terms a bit. Because not all authors sell $35 files and it’s likely discouraging to authors who could have 5,000 sales but still be light-years away from becoming elite.

Author % should absolutely be based on dollars. But author recognition should be a bit more sophisticated IMO .

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Author % should absolutely be based on dollars. But author recognition should be a bit more sophisticated IMO .

+1

313 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
squaredWeb says

Im a bit torn with this. The elite authors made envato a lot of money and they absolutely earned that status and the benefits that come with it. The only thing in this context i dont like is that its called “elite” since this can easily make the impression on new customers that only those guys make quality items while the rest makes mediocre stuff. If the status and the badge on the itempreview would state “bestseller author” instead of “elite” it would still stand for good products and support but wouldnt make the other authos look kinda “bad” in comparison.

But anyway grats to you guys, you certainly earned it.

1105 posts inlifethrill
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

Im a bit torn with this. The elite authors made envato a lot of money and they absolutely earned that status and the benefits that come with it. The only thing in this context i dont like is that its called “elite” since this can easily make the impression on new customers that only those guys make quality items while the rest makes mediocre stuff. If the status and the badge on the itempreview would state “bestseller author” instead of “elite” it would still stand for good products and support but wouldnt make the other authos look kinda “bad” in comparison. But anyway grats to you guys, you certainly earned it.

Actually that’s the most reasonable post so far. I agree.

-inlife

3748 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
pezflash says

Since i was developing as2 files, i needed to forget about being featured at all on Activeden. Because of that i was working under a rule: if the file is good, it will sell. No matter if you are an elite author, if you get the file featured on homepage, or if you are mentioned on Envato notes.

Elite authors won’t sell more because of this new box on items pages. Non elite authors with quality products will sell them anyway. And they will realise, once they get the elite mark, that anything but Quality rules these marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by